U. S. A. Board?

U S A Board - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 17th Jul, 2005 - 6:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: I would like to see a USA only Board here...
  Yes       66.67%
  No       33.33%
Total Votes: 3
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Yea or Nay?
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2005 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

U. S. A. Board?

Most of our members seem to come from the US, in fact they are the biggest contributors to the site in both activity and contribution, so the Architect is thinking about placing a Board to deal specifically with US Pop culture and / or each State within the USA. Is this a good idea or an unnecessary one? What would you like to see or not? What can make it different from other Boards where most topics are already covered?

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2005 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Board A S U

I don't know that it is particularly needed, except for the possibility of making things more distinct that this is designed to be an international forum.

13th Jul, 2005 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

U. S. A. Board? Feedback & FAQ News Community

I'm not sure if each state needs it's own board... that seems a bit of a stretch. I would be more interested in the Pop Culture aspect. For instance, SoCalif is known for surfing, Valley Girls, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc.; New York is known for subways, Manhattan, couture, Wall Street, etc. That could be a fun angle -- What's hip or famous in your state? But I can't really think of anything famous from, say, Delaware (no offense to anyone from there, of course, just an example).

Maybe a state-specific line in a member's profile -- "Big Sky Country - Montana" -- to show pride in their home state. Or a State CP in the Intro threads that shows what's hot or fun about their state.

13th Jul, 2005 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Board A S U

Thanks for the great feedback. The reason I am saying State specific is so that you can rant about your area's culture in one thread rather than have everyone sharing various examples and descriptions in one thread. That way if someone wants to know more about California they know exactly where to find it rather than have to wade through many posts.

I like the idea of the State CP - good thinking!

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2005 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

U. S. A. Board?
A Friend

Board A S U

I have to admit having each state would be a bit much, but honestly, I already feel like in this forum we already tap into issues involving the US and pop culture, so I don't really think it would be that necessary.

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2005 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

U. S. A. Board?
A Friend

U. S. A. Board?

I like where the idea is going. State by state would probably be too much. But it would be cool to be able to discuss issues specific to the states alone. obvioulsy cultural issues could be discussed here as well, in addition to cultural differences within the states.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jul, 2005 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

U. S. A. Board

Why does everyone think it will be a bit much? Keep in mind that when I say 'State Specific' I am not saying a whole Board for each State. I am in fact saying a USA Board and inside it has threads each labeled 'California', 'Utah, 'Nevada', etc. So it is threads specifically for each State and not Boards for each State.

> TOPIC: U. S. A. Board?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,