Portal

Portal - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 26th Feb, 2006 - 11:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: I use the Portal as my entry page to this site...
  No       57.14%
  Yes       42.86%
Total Votes: 7
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The first page you meet when coming via main domain
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2005 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Portal

First time users that come to this site because of our main www.InternationalDiscussions.com domain are shown the Portal as the very first page. Consider the Portal in your skin. Did it supply you with enough information so as to guide you deeper into the Community? Do you ever find yourself looking at it now and again or never?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2005 - 7:23am / Post ID: #

Portal
A Friend

Portal

The executive skin is hard to manuever from the initial portal, but the dark matrix one is easy to start from. I actually dont even start at the portal anymore. My bookmark goes straight to the all boards page. Depending, I have a quick link to unread page too, but that link doesnt always work. When I first started, dark matrix was the hot skin, and I thought the portal was not only easy to manuever around in, but found that it was set up in a fashion that allowed me to learn the layout of the site easily. It didnt take long for me to be able to drill down exactly where I wanted as soon as hit the portal running. Its been months since I have looked at it, I suppose I should look at it again to see if anything has been changed.

26th Jun, 2005 - 10:25am / Post ID: #

Portal Feedback & FAQ News Community

Good feedback. The Executive Skin has been made more compact recently with the addition of 'Remote Control' and you will find that the Portal never changes because it is meant only as an entry page. However the Photo Gallery and Latest Sticky Articles are updated when something new is added there.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2005 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Portal
A Friend

Portal

For the first two months I entered through the portal, I always had the sound down on my computer. Usually when I'm on my computer I'm watching a movie or something, so I keep my speakers muted. Well, one day I had been listening to a CD on my computer as I cleaned it, so I had had the volume up fairly loud. Well, I forgot to mute it, and I opened up the page. Next thing I know, the welcoming voice was blaring out of my computer. It scared me to the point of screaming. smile.gif

Sometimes I'll check out the portal as I'm signing in if I'm not in a huge hurry. I like that it has the latest discussions on it to see what's active at the moment.

6th Jan, 2006 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Portal

QUOTE (BabyBlues)
It scared me to the point of screaming.

laugh.gif I will be sure to let LDS_forever know as it is actually her voice placed with a model's face that we use on bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showforum=98. We purposely made it that loud to grab attention, but did not think about the screaming element.

26th Feb, 2006 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

Portal

I haven't been to the portal in a long, long time. I have the all boards page set as my bookmark. Now with the toolbar, I go directly to the Hot Topics page, since that is usually what I go to first anyway. The portal does provide a lot of information to a new user, and is a good way to begin learning how to navigate around the forum.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Feb, 2006 - 7:30am / Post ID: #

Portal

I have to say, since I usually come on this site at night when all is very quiet at the house, the welcome voice is not always welcome if I use the portal. However, it is sufficiently informative and inviting. I would rather click on a link in a topic reply e-mail and go directly to the topic and board I want. My one peeve about this is that since I use public computers often, I click on the link in the e-mail, then cannot reply to a post without signing in, and once I sign in it doesn't return me to the thread, but to the main board menu.

26th Feb, 2006 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

Portal Community News FAQ & Feedback

QUOTE (Howe6079)
...the welcome voice is not always welcome if I use the portal

The Original Portal is mainly aimed at New Members and Guests. Once you are intergraded you may want to login using the New Portal at: https://www.InternationalDiscussion.com (This was covered in a past newsletter).

My one peeve about this is that since I use public computers often, I click on the link in the e-mail, then cannot reply to a post without signing in, and once I sign in it doesn't return me to the thread

I cannot remember if this was changed for security reasons, but if you do click the link in your Email after logging in then you will get the same effect.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Portal

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,