Public Broadcasting Station

Public Broadcasting Station - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 23rd Feb, 2011 - 8:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

PBS Programming
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2005 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

EDITORIAL: KEEP FUNDING PBS

In 1967, Congress set up the Corporation for Public Broadcasting in an effort to shield PBS and other public broadcasting outlets from politics. So much for that idea.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...43988,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2005 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Station Broadcasting Public

I couldn't believe it when I heard that funding was going to be stopped for PBS. My kids watch allot of the educational cartoons on PBS. Two of my kids are old enough that when it finally stops they wont be watching them anymore, but my youngest is just starting to be able to learn from watching and being shown things. Its to bad, my sons actually learned things from TV when growing up.

26th Jun, 2005 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Public Broadcasting Station Sports & Fashion Music Movies

The thing is, the cartoons on PBS pay for themselves. Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer, and others, all make PBS money.

The Corporation for Public Broadcasting gets $400 million per year. Yet all of what they used to provide, what they present even now as their reason for being, is all provided by many different cable channels. After all, now you can find shows on knitting, cooking, long documentaries, and everything else all over the place.

Personally, the only reason I can see at all for having PBS stations is that sometimes they show British comedies. I certainly couldn't justify using taxpayer money for them.

28th May, 2007 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

I watch many older movies on PBS and my children enjoy much of the programming. I have always gave monies to public channels on a yearly basis after I do use it.

28th May, 2007 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

The fact that these stations have a large presence on the air waves despite local stations and cable proves that we do not have to succumb to the filth provided on other media enterprises in order to get good entertainment.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2011 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

"PBS is so the new CIA"

PBS aired a documentary last night on the Egypt uprising, and what was strange about it was how it confirmed nearly everything Glenn was saying about the Muslim Brotherhood. They showed how they did influence the protests and how they do want an Islamic revolution. Glenn has the audio on radio today of the crazy wacky anti-government conspiracy theorists over at PBS. Ref. Source 6

Public Broadcasting Station (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Public Broadcasting Station

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,