[camp] Scout - Page 40 of 104

Psst, you over there, Roehug my dear, you - Page 40 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 11th Mar, 2006 - 1:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 104 pgs.  36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44  ...Latest (104) »
Closed
campfire Players discuss current scenario here. GM Note: This is the longest Camp Thread ever without the players ever leaving the Village once!
8th Mar, 2006 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout - Page 40

"Yes we have a need for your sevices, although payment may be a problem, short term." Karn responds, before adding

"We have a little problem with transport or lack of transport to be more precise" he adds with a grin, hoping to ease scouts authority for his next question.

"If you could provide this for us and then we would cover the cost of this plus 50 gold or equivilent when available"

"We would like to employ your services, without, if possible payment up front, I suggest that you guide us, and on our first find, that you take your fee. plus an addition of 25 gold pieces." Karn looks at the scout with an air of desperation before adding.

"Then on each find after an extra 10 gold pieces or equivalent goods of that value, and of course our eternal gratituted"

"You will also be our first point of call should services of your nature be needed in the future."

"Your sevices would be needed for 7 days scouting to the south for definate, but possibly longer should the need arise, what do you say to the prospect of 7 days expenses and then an added 50 gold if transport you can provide.

Or a couple of days scouting expenses and 25 gold on our first treasure find and 10 gold each find after."

Karn waits for the scouts responce, hoping that one of the choices will snag at the scouts curiosity and goodwill

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2006 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Scout camp

Lad, I favor thy good spirited hopes, but sadly it is gold I need in meh pockets at the moment as meh credit has worn thin from bad experiences and lack of word.

* Places a hand on Karniest shoulder *

I feel for thee, hast thou looked for work? They say the tavern offers much in the way of talk, although I am not sure of its' value. The equipment thou hath need of surely will take a rich noble to sponsor thy efforts.

* Stands back getting ready to leave *

When thou art able, look for me again, I am not hard to find. I bid thee a good day.

GM: Scout disappears into the Market.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2006 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

IC

The red-mist that had begun to take control of him again disappeared almost as quickly as it had come. He had been taken stunned by the man's openness and honesty; very few would have approached him thus. He had planning to take his anger out on the man but in just a few words the man had managed to disarm him. Ragnvold saw the momentary flicker of fear cross the mans eyes yet he didn't try and back down, clearly whoever he was he had mastered fear a long time ago.

Ragnvold had never been a bright man nor terribly wise. His training didn't encourage either for Ragnvold was a berserker, a man who knew no fear. This got him into a lot of trouble for few things could deflect once he resolved to do something. The only hope was to surprise him, to confuse him and in his kind words karniest had done so. Deprived of his primary response, Ragnvold did they only thing he could think of, he followed suit.

"You smart to seek me (Has a poor grasp of common tongue). Ragnvold Jorundson (offering his heavily muscled arm which is covered in what look like tattoos of mythical beasts). You seek strength only Odin's ... (he struggles to find the find the right word) loyal have"

OOC

Cheers all. Here's a quick run down of my character.

Personality

Not very bright and lacking much common sense, he will take things that are said very literally, irony just flies over him and he is gullible. Many have taken advantage of his gullibility in the past; as a result he has become suspicious of others. One effect of his limited common sense is he knows no Fear, he will willing engage battle without concern to what might happen. As a follower of Odin, he suffers from the red mist, coming a borderline psychopath in battle shrugging off wounds that would stop a lesser man. However in this state of rage he becomes a bit of liability. One more thing should be mentioned, as a follower of Odin he believes the best way to secure passage to Valhalla in the afterlife is to die in battle. Just to warn other members, that as result of this, he may attempt join in a battle he has no hope of surviving.

To be honest in many ways Ragnvold is a liability. He is however a very honourable and loyal companion, once he makes a promise he keeps it. I also want to point out that he does offer some unique avenues for the group. Having a very limited sense of morality, add to his complete lack of fear and his ability to withstand great amounts of physical pain means he is not above doing most things, as long it doesn't measurably break with his sense of honour.

Stats

Role: Warrior
Level: 0
Body: 16
Mind: 6
Soul: 8
Special Skills: Body Guard + Sailor
Equipment:

Sword, Long - 1
Axe, Hand - 1
Clothes - 1
Cloak - 1
Leather Boots - 1
Dry Rations - 2
Water Skin - 2
Pouch, Belt - 1
Sack, large - 1
Flint - 1

Game Related Comments

If we need to work to get the money for equipment, Ragnvold would be willing to help. Can hire himself out as bodyguard, will willing perform manual labour, and if needed will participate in illegal fistfight's and wrestling matches if required.

On a different not Ragnvold doesn't like the fact you have placed him at the back of the group when it comes to marching order, though he doesn't openly protest about you can tell he's not happy about it. Likes to be at the forefront of battle, not loitering in the rear.

9th Mar, 2006 - 9:52am / Post ID: #

Page 40 Scout camp

Karn nods sullenly at the scouts words, although disapointed Karn thanks the scout and lets him retire into the crowd.

Karn takes some time to recognise the mans words, his language is poor yet Karn recognises the tone as friendly, breathing a sigh of relief as the Man offers his arm, of which Karn takes with as strong a grip as he can, although his hand only links round half of Ragnvold forearm

"The pleasure is all mine Ragnvold Jorundson, I am Karniest Moil, But you can call me Karn"

As he explains the structures of the Party he can see the shame fall over the hulking mans face as he mentions that it would be best for him to take the rear of the party, So he quickly adds an explanation

"Ragnvold, this is because I feel that a man of you stature and great strength would suit to be looking over myself and Klausse to keep us safe from harm. I personally would feel alot more comfortable to know that you were watching my back."

With the words from the scout still ringing in his ears, Karn makes a gesture to the Village Tavern "As the elders have turned us away for a loan and the scout unable to lead us until payment is made I feel that a trip to the tavern for a drink and some word on work is needed, do you agree my friends?"

OOC:

If you can post an agreement with this or any other suggestions and I'll post a order today.

Roehug, thats a well thought out Character, I'm looking forward to my slim meager, weak thief having some dum thug for protection wink.gif Jk, looking forward to the comedy and scrapes that I can get you out of.
And ofcourse earning some cash from the illegal fights I'm looking at settin up in the village.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2006 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

IC:

Ragnvold spends a moment trying to gather his thoughts before nodding his agreement to Karniest's proposal. Throwing his large sack over his shoulder as if it weighed nothing he proceeds to follow Karniest to a tavern

OOC:

Ragnvold is up for arm-wrestling matches, drinking contests, knife fights or any other such activity. His inability to bluff or keep a straight face however makes him a real bad gambler.

I suggest we initiate a drinking contest with a well off individual, making the forfeit for losing having to pay for the others drinks. Wouldn't be too difficult to convince someone. Then if we draw it out it all Karniest would have to do is liberate the man's money pouch while he's drunk. Easy to pull off although I am not sure how much of a return we would get. Open to other suggestions

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2006 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout

*Armstrong opens the door to the camp for the first time. He looks around seeing all others in the room, a thief and warrior. He throws caution to the wind and decides to get familiar with his surroundings. After acknowledging that there is no immediate threat he decides to sit down near the corner to think about his next plan of action. He considers the following:

Walk up the thief and ask for any information he might have acquired, at the same time guarding his purse.

Walk up to the warrior and ask him of the fiends and creatures lurking in the local vicinity.

He ponders a moment to decide what he should do. He then decides to approach the warrior not trusting the thief with his purse*

Hear the I am the almighty Armstrong, mage of shildare, scholar of books and herbs. I beg your assistance, would you be so kind as to tell me anything I might do well to learn? I would be most grateful.

Reconcile Edited: Armstrong on 9th Mar, 2006 - 5:33pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Mar, 2006 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 40

IC:

Ragnvold saw the mage approaching him and bristled. Whoever he was, he didn't realise on what a fine line he was walking, in spite of the teaming up with Karn and Klausse Ragnvold was still in a bad temper about the fight. His strange garb, for there is were no mages where he comes from, and light frame didn't lend him any favours. Furthermore he lacked any proper weapons that stick he carried was hardly fit for children to play with in his eyes. He closed his eyes and tried to calm down, the others wouldn't appreciate him doing anything that would get them kicked out.

Then Armstrong introduced himself. I took a moment for it to sink in and even then failed to grasp much of what he said. He guessed the mage wanted some help with something or other and was about to tell him where he could go when he remembered how Armstrong had introduced himself.

He laughed so hard and loudly that a fair number of people looked over in curiosity. He continued so laughing for about a minute, finally he pulled himself together to address the now rather puzzled mage.

"You very funny man, I like you. Speak to Karn he knows what you seek"

Turning to Karniest with a wide smile upon his face

"The Almighty Armstrong wants to ask you something"

Then without explanation Ragnvold burst into another fit of laughter, and stayed laughing for quite a while every so often mumbling something in Norse. Ragnvold tried to shake the thought out his head but he couldn't, Armstrong the Almighty, where did he think that one up.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2006 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Conspiracy

[camp] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 40

Psst, you over there, Roehug my dear, you look square... come into my lair if you dare and I will give you such vantage that is rare. Do you care? Come quick, do not fear, Florena is here.

> TOPIC: [camp] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,