[camp] Scout - Page 87 of 104

Whispers Well, I'm against hiring - Page 87 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 28th Aug, 2007 - 1:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 104 pgs.  83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91  ...Latest (104) »
Closed
campfire Players discuss current scenario here. GM Note: This is the longest Camp Thread ever without the players ever leaving the Village once!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2007 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 87

I don't want to pay the scout unless he can promise to tell us a better way over the mountains than that required by a very experienced climber. Didn't one of your friends die following his advice? Granted, he didn't HAVE to try, but rumor is that scout told you guys going up and over might be a great idea, and that put it into your friend's head who is now dead.

Wish I could find his horse...

No way. Unless scout can swear to us that he knows something more about getting through than it's not worth a bucket of spit.

That's my view.

And, by the way, seems to me if we want to get through we might have a better chance at night. Granted there are dangers there, but during the day we will stand out like a sore thumb. At least at night we can sneak. And if there are fires burning, their vision won't be as good as ours is. We ought to have an advantage.

Just mumbling to myself. But I do like to sneak, as opposed to charging in flashing blades.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 27th Aug, 2007 - 8:21pm

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2007 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Scout camp

very reluctantly he speaks

tortdog if numbers where not an issue I would never agree to this, but yes you may saddle with me. If your fingers wander any but yer own pockets know that I will cleave them along with thine arm.

I am sure this will be more then enough to keep yer thoughts in line. We are collecting 150 gp for this Scout person to lead us to the Deaths mouth as it is a dangerous journey to there. Daphne has a rough map of the area are you able to draw it out as we go in more detail? If so please bring a quill and ink.

Now how much can you contribute to this fund?

I am able to trap and fish my friend so if you whish to take the time to do this so be it but we will need to ask Scout if this is OK by him. Once at the pass we will have no fire so aas to alert those who may be watching.

Which brings me to my next question. How do we propose this crossing? Scout will be back soon and we need to have our plan ready perhaps he will give some insight if it looks acceptable or foolish.

I agree night time might work and you mutt may be of use there.

(ooc I can mention you wish to look for supplies to build a fishing pole prior leaving but I would need very specific details as to what we are doing ie checking the refuse pile behind the bassnesses for string and metal to bend into hooks. The rod we would find as we travel the bush)

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 27th Aug, 2007 - 8:23pm

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

ooc: Let's post an order!

Okay. I will find a rod/long stick along the way. That I can use for traps and the such. I also want to work my dog along the way (whenever we stop and that, including going hunting). I use my skills with beasts to do that. I wish to pick up a quill at the market. I have one gold for that. Don't think I need parchment, though, since Daphne has her map that I can use. I presume with my navigation skills and my sharp wit that I could improve her map along the way. If I NEED to purchase parchment since she lost her map for some reason, then I do that. Max that is 3 gold.

If I look at my stats, it appears I have 24 gold. 24-3 would leave 21 gold. I want to save some to hire a doctor (assuming I might need him upon my hopeful survival). Also I have to purchase a horse/saddle soon enough. So I can contribute, hmm, about 15 gold I think - max - towards the hire of this scout.

However, it is my desire that we not hire the scout. As mentioned, Daphne has already been there once. We have her crude map. With my navigation skills (and the obvious view of Death's Mouth with a 3,000 foot elevation), I'd consider getting there to be fairly easy. It's whether we get hit along the way. I will do as the party requests. If we DO hire Scout, then I want an assurance from him that he can offer us something more useful than the last party that hired him (resulting in one death). I see him as partly at fault for that, and I'd suggest he might owe us something as a result of his partial failure.

That should be enough to get us on to an order, with multiple tasks along the way.

28th Aug, 2007 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 87 Scout camp

OOC: Since Refton seems to be out of the picture, we need to keep things moving so everyone now please donate 50gp for Scout.

Daphne looks at tortdog and Kalfie and says...

Here Kalfie, my share of the money to Scout. I trust he can be a good guide for us.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

Tort excitedly looks down as he stumbles on a sack of gold and starts waving his arms

Wait! I have to go to the market. I, um, found some resources from which I should be able to purchase a horse and some other equipment. No party order yet, please.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout

Okay...here is my revised request for our order.

I have 24 gold now. Just found 175 more gold, which should bring me to 199 gold.

With that 199 gold, I am going to purchase:

Horse, riding 1
Saddle 1
Saddle bag 1
Saddle blanket 1
Oats bag 1
Oats 4
Canary 1
Cage 1
Leather armor 1
Rod 1
Rope 1
Bow, short 1
Arrows 1
Dry rations 3
Scroll 1
Skin dye 1
Water skins 3
Healers pouch 1
Herbs, healing 1
Herbs, disease 1
Poison cure 1

That comes to 143 gold. That leaves me 56 gold. For this last, I leave it to you, party leader, to make the decision. I'm advised I should purchase a shield/helmet for a total of 50 gold. That leaves me with with 6 gold, and not much to contribute to this venture other than perhaps a longer life to help along the way (I'm not much use if I'm dead like your last partner). But if you find my gold more necessary for Scout, then take my gold and do not order me the shield/helmet. So you decide, please. You could take my share of Scout's hire from my takings (if any). If you decide I should purchase the shield/helmet (and not be able to contribute much to Scout), then the order would also include:

Shield 1
Helmet 1

Up to you, but I'm ready to proceed. And remember that I want to train my dog along the way. And when we stop, I want to hunt for game to eat (with my dog) and fill our water flasks very soon.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 28th Aug, 2007 - 1:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Aug, 2007 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout - Page 87

OOC: Well, this is a team tortdog, you are expected to contribute equally as we do. You may want to purchase your shield and helmet at your own risk (team may not help you if you are in danger knowing your character chose not to contribute to the fund or maybe they will, I don't know) or you may want to re-analyze your purchases and see what things you could get rid off to have both money for Scout and your shield.

It is not up to the Party Leader but up to you. wink.gif

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 87

Whispers
Well, I'm against hiring the no-good Scout. I think he's useless and trouble.

Speaks audibly
Well, I wanted you to decide what I do, since it is YOUR party. smile.gif You are the leader. I am the peon. That's why we voted you into office!

But, since you won't, I need to know how much you want as a contribution. Tell me the precise number of gold, please.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 28th Aug, 2007 - 1:39pm

> TOPIC: [camp] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,