[camp] Scout - Page 88 of 104

I'm overencumbered now. Not sure how - Page 88 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 28th Aug, 2007 - 7:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 104 pgs.  84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92  ...Latest (104) »
Closed
campfire Players discuss current scenario here. GM Note: This is the longest Camp Thread ever without the players ever leaving the Village once!
28th Aug, 2007 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout - Page 88

ooc Tortdog if Refton is out of the picture I have all that he has on the horse I own it, so if he is gone you may purchase it from me at the end of the quest. I would spend cautiously. So are we leaving refton behind Daphne? if so advise tortdog and he can use the spare horse.

I am swamped right now also so if tortdog wishes I will be glad to let him lead...ie make posts. I need a maid and butler!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

I'm sooooooooooooo sorry. I thought Daphne was the leader. My apologies! If I can purchase any equipment (or use) then I will conserve the money. I just need to know. I'm quite elated that I won't be a burden on anyone now!

(I don't even like horses. Means I can't train my dog as much along the way.)

So now, I am waiting to find out which equipment I can borrow as opposed to having to purchase. I could see getting rid of the canary/cage, since it's unlikely we are going spelunking. I could leave the rope too (possibly since Daphne has 50 feet). I could also ditch the bow and arrow (though they do not cost much and might be very useful for this thief).

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 28th Aug, 2007 - 2:04pm

28th Aug, 2007 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

Daphne raises her traditional eyebrow and kind of overhear tortdog's complain about paying Scout...she says...

Listen kid, if you don't want to pay for Scout because you don't trust him or because you are cheap...it is just fine, but let me tell you something (she gets closer to him and look at him straight into his eyes If something happens to ya, you are on your own, kiddo. Understood? I don't want your gold anymore.

She then turns to Kalfie and says....

I tell ya, I am not babysitting today! Here take 75gp. You need to put another 75gp so we will have the 150gp that Scout requires. Our "friend" here tortdog, wants to buy a shield and a helmet and the kiddo thinks Scout is useless...so let me see how "useful" HE is when we get closer near Death Mouth. *she chuckles

OOC: Watch out for Daphne Tortdog. *laughs*

UPDATE: OOC: Hey tortdog, try to purchase instead of trying to "borrow"! Geez.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Page 88 Scout camp

Ooooooh no ya don't. I only suggested the borrowing since our esteemed leader thought it would be wise. So here is my revised purchase list:

With that 199 gold, I am going to purchase:

Horse, riding 1
Saddle 1
Saddle bag 1
Saddle blanket 1
Oats bag 1
Oats 4
Canary 1
Cage 1
Leather armor 1
Rod 1
Dry rations 3
Scroll 1
Skin dye 1
Water skins 2
Shield, small 1

That's 144 gold (and without a bow and arrow, I hope you two warriors don't pick us a fight). That leaves me with 55 gold.

Hands 50 gold over for the Scout.

That's my share for this worthless Scout. I'm relying on the judgment of you two that it's not a waste of money. (And I'm betting I could track better than him anyhow.) I'm ready to go.

And, Daphne, let me see that map if you please. I'd like to study it to make sure it's right along the way.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 28th Aug, 2007 - 2:38pm

28th Aug, 2007 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Scout camp

OOC: Actually guys, we are making all these plans with the stuff of Refton but I think his stuff is gone if he is out of the picture (the GM will surely let us know in the game).

Daphne hands the map over tortdog...

I have admitted that I am not good with maps, so don't ask too many questions.

28th Aug, 2007 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout

looks at his two compadres and ponders if he should be more worried about them killing each other rather then the thieves.

It is agreed then we three shall depart as soon as scout returns. We will hunt/fish on route as required. Replenish water as we can and let horses graze to save on oats.

Each stop our new friend will train his dog if possible on verbal commands and hand signals.

I am looking for a wood limb decently straight about 8 ft, will cut sapling if required at about 4" dia.

Our intention is to tell scout we will attempt a crossing at night thus we camp as safe distance from the opening that is not in view until disk when we start our approach. Light to see general shapes ect but not enough to allow us to be seen from afar. Will not make attempt till scout is gone.

We ride Scout in lead then Kalfie Tortdog Daphne.

We need to buy:

Torte dog:

From Kalfie at a cost of 65 gp (ooc as I am assuming it will be just us three adn I cna not leave this behind to be stolen)

52 gp Light horse for riding
12 gp Sadle
5gp sadle blanket
4 gp Sadle bag
4 gp Oat Bag
4 gp Oats(7days worth)

Retail value is 81 gp. Since slightly used a reduced value.

From merchants he buys:

Canary 1
Cage 1
Leather armor 1
Rod 1
Rope 1
Bow, short 1
Arrows 1
Dry rations 3
Scroll 1
Skin dye 1
Water skins 3
Healers pouch 1
Herbs, healing 1
Herbs, disease 1
Poison cure 1

Cost 62 gp

had 199 -62-65=72gp left

We are all giving scout 50 GP to cover his fees.

Are we in need of any further supplies?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 88

If we can do that, I'm perfect! You the man.

Looks quizzically at the thing in his hands purported to be a map and wonders what on earth it is supposed to represent.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 88

I'm overencumbered now. Not sure how to rectify since I don't know the weight. I'm assuming my horses is carrying most in his saddle bags, and my other bad on him as well. I'd certainly strip my bow to him, since I don't want to carry it in my hands unless I have to.

Somehow I now have 2 cloaks. I didn't order a second one, so either ditch it at my house on the way at or just have the GM correct the mistake (wasn't requested as a purchase). Also, I can give oats to others who might want to carry them (I have 7 worth).

That being said, what else do I need to do so that I personally am not encumbered? I'm not sure but I'll be reading up to see if weights are given somewhere.

Now that Scout is ready, I suggest that I apologize for my mean look, offer up that I am trying to right the errors of my ways to Scout, and ask if he might help me along the way in better understanding the country side, where traps, trap doors, guard stations/camps, known areas for bandits, cave entrances, water holes, places to hide and such are located so I can map them as we go. I'd also ask his suggestion on passing through the valley through the southern mountains further to the east, as opposed directly through Death's Mouth.

And again thank him grandly from our hearts for being willing to associate with those whose reputation is not quite up to par. That we would keep it secret of his hire should he desire it. Also, if he desires that someone else address him, I'd offer that up.

> TOPIC: [camp] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,