[camp] Scout - Page 91 of 104

Occ The animal trainer is good that you will - Page 91 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 30th Aug, 2007 - 3:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 104 pgs.  87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95  ...Latest (104) »
Closed
campfire Players discuss current scenario here. GM Note: This is the longest Camp Thread ever without the players ever leaving the Village once!
30th Aug, 2007 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout - Page 91

Daphne looks at Tortdog and says...

I think Scout was pretty clear that going at night is not wise, see how he said "If you dare". We could make it but probably too many risks and your dog is....well...you know.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

So what do we do with the dog if we can't get him to calm down? Maybe Scout could take him back with him on his journey.

Wouldn't you think some of my "beast master" skills to be sufficient to train the dog to shut up?

OOC: By the way, I still show myself encumbered (and no equipment has been transferred). Not sure what that means, but I will be severely hampered if we can't cure that. Not sure what to do at this point, other than stripping naked...

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 30th Aug, 2007 - 12:27pm

30th Aug, 2007 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

Daphne laughs at the idea of Tortdog being a beat master because she thinks he can't even hurt a fly...

If he gives trouble, the solution is simple. She takes out her short sword and makes a cutting-throat motion.

OOC: Party Stats will not be updated until the GM makes mention of it in the story, he hasn't done it yesterday.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Page 91 Scout camp

Animal trainer, beast master.

My apologies.

rolls eyes

You might actually need my help during this adventure, you know Daphne. Wouldn't that be sad?

Ya know, let's be realistic. I doubt we're going to get out of this alive. Think about it, you have three of us novices journeying to a location that not even Scout here feels comfortable in going to.

Novices.

Three of us.

Looks to the heavens and sighs

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 30th Aug, 2007 - 12:34pm

30th Aug, 2007 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Scout camp

Daphne replies to Tortdog's comment that it would be sad if she would need his help after all through the adventure...

Sad? Pathetic you mean! *she rolls eyes*

After hearing his last statement that they may not make it out alive she replies...

Listen Chickendog...oops...sorry Tortdog, you need to think positively. Positive thoughts bring positive actions, does not matter whether we are novices or not but the fact that we CAN make it if we really try hard. Now, are you going to stay there staring up the sky and feeling pity for yourself or you would start training that mad dog of yours?

30th Aug, 2007 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout

Silently wishes for arrow proof armour

I agree we should scout this location west of the Deaths Mouth, and asking how best to protect against wolves and bats is a good Idea tortdog.

looks to yapping mutt

Uhm tortdog this flea bag here might be a big problem indeed, I shall ask Scout if he would take it back with him to leave in the care of one who is trusted. I would suggest perhaps the stable were I bought the horse.

Perhaps next time we adventure he will be of more use...it does take time to fully train a dog not to react in its natural manners. That is to not bark when excited or scared and growl or whine.

Daphne and tortdog you need to vote if the dog stays or goes.

His face is unhappy about this choice but he knows the group must make it now or never

ooc I will post the questions and ask about the dog we can post the decision on the dog once we hear Scouts reply. To train a mutt that is undisciplined would take months so we can not expect it to do much besides yap a warning at best.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 91

The way he's barking, we have to either send him back with scout or off him. Only other way it to cut some rope and tie him up before we get there. Then he's dead anyway. So I'd say:

* send him back with scout if he'll take him (dog could just be released when he gets near the village)
* offer a gold if Scout doesn't want to
* if Scout still refuses, then put him down.

ooc: What good is my skill if I can't train this thing fast enough to just shut up. Just thinking here how to use in the future, and how it would work with encounters of animals. Any suggestions would be great! smile.gif

30th Aug, 2007 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 91

Occ The animal trainer is good that you will be able to rain a animal and can readily handle effectively and tamed animal. Even though the dog is friendly to humans is has been untrained and that can only be done through repeated positive re-enforcements over time. Given in game you have only had the dog at best for two days I am unsure the exact time but that would be my guess I doubt much would have been accomplished in that manner. Perhaps we can ask this in game some how.

Beast Master I am unsure but I would assume a good working knowledge of wild animals and the ability to know how the will react in our presence or how they would try to trap or ensnare their prey and how best to avoid it. You might even in time be able to trap and train things like a bear as a pet.

Say for instance if you met a wild bear you would know how to move your body to help deter it from attacking and what the bears body movement means. I think we should go the the main medieval forms and do a search on the terms and see what pops up. Though I would not be surprised you have already done this.

> TOPIC: [camp] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,