[camp] Scout - Page 92 of 104

OOC I just posted that that was last post - Page 92 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 30th Aug, 2007 - 7:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 104 pgs.  88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96  ...Latest (104) »
Closed
campfire Players discuss current scenario here. GM Note: This is the longest Camp Thread ever without the players ever leaving the Village once!
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 92

ooc: I was thinking I had beast master skills. But I was wrong. It's animal training.

Maybe we should ask Scout (before we hear back from him) if he has any ideas what to do with the dog so we do not have to put him down.

Maybe Scout would actually tell us (unlikely).

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2007 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Scout camp

OOC: I don't think he would tell us but you can give a shot (no pun intended) laugh.gif

30th Aug, 2007 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

OOC I agree with LDS.

Petting the dog

tortdog I feel good about leaving the dog with scout and having him put in the stable, if he will. I will be glad to chip a couple gp for his stay.

reflects deeply

I think our real issue at hand here is the trail we seek to find west of the Deaths Mouth. I fear it will be a path the thieves use. Though it sounds like the path to the top of the Mouth where the Thieves watch is in the start of the Mouth. I am positive we could never pass through with out more knowledge.

As we scout I shall also take note of what track s we see. tortdog as a beast mast I would think you should be able to identify the paw? prints quickly.

Before dark we need to either make that passage through the mouth or high tail it back north to a safer location to camp. Near the places where the open plains is far to dangerous because of roaming bandits we can have no fire and with no fire the animals will attack.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Page 92 Scout camp

Thanks for the offer on saving the dog. I will offer up easily 2 gold for him. Beyond that, I may as well purchase another dog. He is a new acquisition. I have heard that we might be able to leash the dog to a tree. We could use a length of rope and see how well he would fare. I'd suggest we do that if Scout objects.

I would like Scout to help me mark the trail on my map, and where we are when we stop. We should definitely remain out of site for a bit as we make our decision on what to do next.

Once we leave the forest, we'll be out in the open. I'm assuming thieves will be watching, so how do we expect to avoid that (except go by night)?

And, please, I am NOT a beast master! I only have skills in animal training. I am pretty smart, however, and I would think that I would have some knowledge as to what trails we see. Let us ask Scout to help us identify any tracks visible before he leaves.

And I would like to ask Scout, one more time, if he were a gambling man would he attempt to approach the trail by day or at night. And would he believe it advisable to send one of us off in stealth, while the others watch on guard from afar within bow shot, or we remain together.

If you two want to move on and not ask Scout those questions, I am fine with that too. Sounds like I am hearing it is best for us to move on quickly to the trail and get to the top before it is dark.

If that's your plan, I will go with it. I wonder if our horses can make the climb? Perhaps Scout knows. If not, we need to find a place for their shelter. Not sure if they would survive.

Lastly, I believe we should find the tallest tree or rock outcropping at the edge of the woods, before the plain, and try to scout a good place from there. We might ask that Scout take us to such a place, with the desire to find one near the path Scout mentioned on the West.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 30th Aug, 2007 - 6:02pm

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

It's 8 AM. I don't know how close we are to the edge of the forest. Does anyone else know?

I'm assuming we are going too slow, that we need to hustle a bit (stop feeding the horses), and press on.

Still think we climb a tree at the edge and scout out quickly. I could do that if there is such a place.

30th Aug, 2007 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout

ooc: Ok I am placing the last post now till after the weekend

Agreed we stop feeding the horsed and press on to the last stand of trees or out cropping where we can climb and scan the area we intend to investigate.

The dog can follow scout perhaps we can cut some rope and ties it to scouts horse and give him some plat to stable the dog. We can add that to the last post before scout leaves.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 30th Aug, 2007 - 7:38pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 92

ooc: Just a reminder that you inform GM when we will be back, so he doesn't off us.

30th Aug, 2007 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 92

OOC I just posted that that was last post now till we are back. I will post likely Monday late or early tuesday is that ok with you?

> TOPIC: [camp] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,