Our Youth

Our Youth - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Sep, 2004 - 8:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
How difficult is it for our Youth in this day and age?
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2004 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Our Youth

"My heart reaches out to our youth, who in many cases must walk a very
lonely road. They find themselves in the midst of these evils. I hope they
can share their burden with you, their fathers and mothers. I hope that you
will listen, that you will be patient and understanding, that you will draw
them to you and comfort and sustain them in their loneliness. Pray for
direction. Pray for patience. Pray for the strength to love even though the
offense may have been serious. Pray for understanding and kindness and,
above all, for wisdom and inspiration."

(Gordon B. Hinckley, "Great Shall Be the Peace of Thy Children," Ensign, Nov. 2000, 51)

Sponsored Links:
1st Aug, 2004 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Youth Our

I can't imagine being a young adult in today's world. It was bad enough 30 years ago! Now, there are so many more evil influences, and so much has become accepted as "normal" that one would have been an outcast for back in "my" day. Piercings, tattoos, homosexuality, drug use, "freaks", skinheads -- the list is interminable.

And what my 6-year-old daughter is exposed to these days just breaks my heart, even from other kids her own age! ... How will she be able to fend off all of these horrible influences? I hope she (and I) will be ready to defend against it all. The church will be a great help in this area -- at least, that is my hope.

Roz

2nd Aug, 2004 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Our Youth Studies Doctrine Mormon

The Youth we have nowdays must have been definetly very special in the pre-existence because God have kept them to come to this Earth at such terrible times. They don't realise their potencial sometimes but we as parents should constantly remind them how special their heritage is and how much they can do to improve their lives and help to improve the life of others. The influence of a good home is escential for the young ladies and men.

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2004 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Our Youth
A Friend

Youth Our

It depends on the person. Some kids struggle with the influences of the world and others do not. In some way, kids have it better today than when I was growing up. The opportunities are greater. It is much easier to complete your education. Scholarships, loans and grants that were not as readily available when I was young. I worry more about their future than their present. My kids have had it easy. Sure, there's a lot of wickedness in the world, but there is more good also. Better church organization, easier access to learn Gospel truths, inspired youth programs that help kids develop character and spirituality.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2004 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Youth Our

"Young men and women, keep yourselves worthy. Stay away from those
environments, the music, the films, the videos, the clubs, and the
associations that draw you into immoral conduct (see 1 Cor. 6:9; 1 Thes.
5:22; 2 Tim. 2:22; D&C 9:13)."

(Boyd K. Packer, "Ye Are the Temple of God," Ensign, Nov. 2000, 73)

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2004 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Our Youth
A Friend

Our Youth

"Young men and women, keep yourselves worthy. Stay away from those
environments, the music, the films, the videos, the clubs, and the
associations that draw you into immoral conduct (see 1 Cor. 6:9; 1 Thes.
5:22; 2 Tim. 2:22; D&C 9:13)."

(Boyd K. Packer, "Ye Are the Temple of God," Ensign, Nov. 2000, 73)

While I cant in any way disagree. This saying is really good for heavily populated mormon area's. It doesn't factor in the non-populated areas. Areas where you are the one of 10 members that go to church, or just 10 in 5 year age group. It is a special someone that can follow what Packer says in these remote areas. If I were an involved parent in these areas I would try to find something close to a mormon group to introduce my child too. I cant give any advice, But my energy level in my teens was through the roof. And my surroundings friends were all bad. If your kid or you cant find the right group to socialize with you better believe that a group will find them. And it usually isn't a good one. If you are not in a mormon area and you raise your child in mormonism it autimaticly makes him/her an outcast. Outcast groups relate to this and outcast groups are usually bad. If you don't do something you can sit back and watch your children fall one by one. If not sooner than later! Socialization is very important. It doesn't matter if you say you are raising them strong or not. Or "my child is special". Well let me tell you something, so was I.

Not to be to negative. If you do things pretty close most of them I think should come back. But why take the chance. And just because another person is mormon doesn't make them a good influence. In fact that was my first serious transgresion at the age of 17 for me. She was 36 and married and mormon. Think about it. It all gets down to being close to the spirit and making good judgement calls. Moving out to the middle of nowhere wont do any good. I dont like saying those sorts of things, but if it will help anyone then it is worth it. The problem with a lot of mormons is that they really are good people and they are stuck in their own little world of enlightment.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Sep, 2004 - 8:32am / Post ID: #

Our Youth

Killian said:

This saying is really good for heavily populated mormon area's. It doesn't factor in the non-populated areas.

Perhaps. But not all LDS members are "good" and not all Non-LDS members are "bad."

In my opinion, it has a lot more to do with desiring to find the right companions, than it does with whether or not your companions are LDS. Yes, for the most part we share common standards, but there are Non-LDS who share the same standards. I'd rather have my kids hanging around with good kids of any denomination than hanging around rebellious LDS kids.

I just wish it didn't have to start so young!
Roz

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2004 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Our Youth
A Friend

Our Youth Mormon Doctrine Studies

In my opinion, it has a lot more to do with desiring to find the right companions, than it does with whether or not your companions are LDS. Yes, for the most part we share common standards, but there are Non-LDS who share the same standards. I'd rather have my kids hanging around with good kids of any denomination than hanging around rebellious LDS kids.

So you got me on that one. Made me remember what was going on at that time. Yes I had a desire for evil things. And according to the 36 year old. I was the one that started it. She was very aggressive about it for 3 months though. She was the one feeling bad about it. She did stop it. We never even looked at each other at church. Gets you to wonder that it might not be just the youth's problem. The temptation was presented to her and she took it. She probably has to deal with it to this day. I think people in the church who do the right thing have ten times the temptations of other people. I think my mom kinda knew about it to. Imagine going to church knowing that, and keeping your composer. In fact when I think about it I was the only one with a smile. See the 36 year-old was flirtatious and that is how it started. I saw an opportunity to be sneaky and rebeliuos at the same time. It would have been her or someone else. Everyone else suffered much more than me. It makes me sick now. You never know when something like that will arise young or old. It must be horrible for a parent. I am the one that was trusted. And in the end that is what I will have to deal with. It doesn't matter if I blame parents or her. Imagine what her husband did when he found out. And I am sure he did. He probably wanted to choke me and her. He was really paid. I am still alive. Who knows what was going on his head. Then again he might have done the same to her. Never trust in the arm of flesh. And it brings new light to what the prophets say. "Even avoid the appearance of evil." You never know where it will lead. Even to this day I wont even go into a man's unless he is there. Even if she invites me in and I know nothing will happen I still wont go in unless he is there. And even more of a blessing with that, is that if you do fallow those guidelines people somehow trust you. I am just glad I was un-married and 17 when I figured that out and not 36 and married. Who knows how much damage 3 months of pleasure caused in their lives. If I have to talk to a female I always tell them to talk to me outside where everyone can see us business or other wise. If I have to go inside (business) I tell someone to stand at the door with the door wide open. Maybe it is important to avoid all places of evil like they say. Bars, clubs etc. I don't fallow it to the max. I am tired of learning things the hard way. I think everything the prophets say can be taken to a literally. It does save a whole lot of head-aches. I guess I dont really have any good advise on this subject. Some kids are just hellions. I was a sneaky one. That has got to be a bad combo. I will add it to an apoligy list to my mother.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Our Youth

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,