Was There Modernization In The Ancient World?

Was Modernization Ancient World - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Mar, 2008 - 11:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Jul, 2005 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

I always wondered from the time of Adam to Noah's flood was there modernization in the world, did they have houses, electricity, dams, batteries, all the luxuries we expierence in our world today?

Sponsored Links:
18th Jul, 2005 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

World Ancient The Modernization Was

Interesting question, but I wonder... what scriptural evidences indicates that they may have been modernized to the degree you mentioned?

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2005 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Was There Modernization In The Ancient World? Studies Doctrine Mormon

An associate of mine who belongs to the community of christ said that the government discovered a cave in the himalyas that were most powerful then anything we have today. I told him to show me scriptural references that would support this, he couldn't.

The technology that we enjoy so much was saved for the last days in order to spread the gospel in the short time we have been alloted. All the other dispensations have had ample time but for us the Latter-Days we only have a fraction of time. So God saved all of the technologies that would permit us to spread the gospel further and faster than ever before.

I do believe that they did have houses and some comforts that we have merly improved on. For instances cooking, back then as in Joseph Smith's day a meal took hours to prepare. Now we just through it in the microwave and within 2 minutes we have ourselves a meal.

Travel, it would be likely that Adam and Eve walked everywhere so if they wanted to travel from one city to another it would usually take them anywhere from days to weeks to months and so on. Now when I want to go to the Philippines it will take me about 27 hrs to cover 7,401 miles. biggrin.gif

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2007 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm curious what made you wonder that there could have been such modernization in the Ancient World?

And, if there was, surely we would find evidence of it as we find evidence of other aspects of ancient life.

It is interesting though that there is evidence of a more advanced knowledge than we might have originally thought. For instance, I saw on Discovery that there was a primitive "machine" that utilized water and levy's that opened and closed a large door. There are other findings that I won't go into.

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2008 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Interesting topic, concerning ancient technology. Many books have been written on it (but not in the church.) The fact that the pre-flood scriptures don't really mention any doesn't prove anything. Similar to the Book of Mormon, what we have is pretty brief, pretty much restricted to matters of eternal importance. With the Book of Mormon, for instance, it focuses on the important stuff regarding the testimony of Christ, etc. So little is said of secular life that we have difficulty proving Book of Mormon geography, so we can hardly expect to prove the existence of electricity from the book of Genesis.

Zelph said:

The technology that we enjoy so much was saved for the last days in order to spread the gospel in the short time we have been alloted. All the other dispensations have had ample time but for us the Latter-Days we only have a fraction of time. So God saved all of the technologies that would permit us to spread the gospel further and faster than ever before.

I'm thinking that a simpler life is fine with God. Much of our technology is luxery driven. Ex. flat screen television, Bose speakers, noise canceling headphones. I don't know that the Lord revealed these things to help missionary work.

In a way, the more labor-saving technology we have, the more we waste our time, but, like it or not, we have been given technology that IS for the work, so I guess we'd better get to it!

> TOPIC: Was There Modernization In The Ancient World?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,