Enforcing Policy - Page 2 of 2

The other day I was checking another forum - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 14th Sep, 2007 - 5:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Polices are enforced here.
  In the strictest fashion regardless of whom it may be       78.57%
  In strict fashion with leniency towards veteran members       21.43%
  Strict to some, but not to others       0.00%
  Very laxed       0.00%
  Not enforced at all       0.00%
Total Votes: 14
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
6th Aug, 2005 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Enforcing Policy - Page 2

I think the rules are for everybody and I agree that here everyone is treated in the same manner, with the same respect. Those who feel the veterans have privileges, doesn't understand that maybe the vets do respect the rules. (That's why they're still here wink.gif )

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2005 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Policy Enforcing

That is very true Raul and to show you how it really does apply to everyone I had Moderators in the past telling me about my posts and other blurbs and errors within the Community that were initiated by me. Yes, even I have to be corrected and I am grateful for it, because I see it as making me look good and standing up for what all has agreed to, I am no exception just because I am Admin. I believe those who find it too strict just want what I call 'teeny bopper' chat groups and this is definitely the wrong place for them.

4th May, 2006 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Enforcing Policy Feedback & FAQ News Community

I vote that everyone is treated fairly regardless of status. If anyone desires proof of that which I have already seen then I shall propose a challenge. Find a post where someone has broken the rules of this site that has not already been either edited or corrected. I have spent much time myself reading through hundreds and hundreds of threads and have not found any myself. I have been called down a few times myself for not paying attention to exactly what I was doing.

I noticed that someone had voted that they believe that there was a level of exception to veteran posters on this pole. I would also like to point out that they failed to place a comment within this thread. Too bad they did not take the time to share exactly why they feel the way that they do.

6th May, 2006 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Policy Enforcing

QUOTE (Bwren)
I noticed that someone had voted that they believe that there was a level of exception to veteran posters on this pole.

I think there is a little more toleration for veteran posters when they goof up than when a Newbie does it. Most times I believe it is because when a New Member commits a mistake we rationalize that it is because they have not read our Constructive Posting Policy / Rules or are Teeny Boppers, but when a veteran does it we may think they are either slacking a bit, or simply made a mistake. However, I can tell you that Mods moderate even other Mods here - no one is above our Policy - some think they are, but they are sadly mistaken.

Post Date: 7th May, 2006 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

Enforcing Policy
A Friend

Policy Enforcing

I just added the second vote to the second option. I think everything is enforced here uniformly, but there are always exceptions to the rules. I myself have realized after a post that I may have stepped over the line but no one reprimanded me. I know that at least once I have re-read my post week later and thought that I would have said something to myself! Veterans are expected to be the shining example, but a veteran also gets a little leeway if they have been here a while I think. But then, it just makes sense to give someone the benefit of the doubt ocassionally if they have always followed the rule, you do the same with children.

29th May, 2006 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Enforcing Policy

It is unfortunate that Regular Members and those that are not Senior Mods cannot see how we bring up each other on both our conduct and Posts in the Moderator's Staff Room.

I can tell you that even at one time Knoquererz had about four posts in secession with a different Mod telling him about mistakes he made in his Posts and he took it all in great stride. Many think that it is the Mods vs. the Members or the Upgraded favored vs. those who are not, but it is not so, I assure you. Everyone is monitored, including me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 5:12am / Post ID: #

Enforcing Policy
A Friend

Enforcing Policy - Page 2

I don't see any BLATANT favoritism. But I have seen posts deleted due to bad assumptions, that once explained are not corrected. That shows a moderator changes judgment once he gets to know the person.

14th Sep, 2007 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Enforcing Policy Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

The other day I was checking another forum and realized how OPEN we really are here. In this forum I visited, specifically says in their term of services that their rules and policies are NOT for discussion and to please stop asking them why they deleted this post or that post, they also said arguing with the staff is not allowed. We have something similar in our constructive policy. It is imperative for all members to understand that the rules are to be followed by EVERY member of the Community with no exceptions. Whether the member feels they are right or not, does NOT matter. Since the moderators voluntarily are the ones who "clean up" posts, etc THEY are the ones who decide what is rubbish and what is not, what is offtopic and what is not. Nobody else. End of the discussion.

When members register they agree to abide by our rules and policies, they cannot pretend to change their minds once they are here. wink.gif We enforce our policies to the T and we never rest. *smile*

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Enforcing Policy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,