Do As I Say, Not As I Do.

Do Say Do - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 8th Aug, 2005 - 8:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2005 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If you had a less then spotless history as a teenager or young adult, how have you, or how would you plan on telling your teenager not to do something (ie drugs, crime, etc)? Do you think you need to be honest with them and explain you did these things, or should you retain that information for their sake?

Sponsored Links:
29th Jul, 2005 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Do I Not Say I Do

I have a one and a half years old daughter, so I guess I still have time to figure out how to manage this kind of topics, but with "todays mind" I think I wouldn't hide anything from her. (Sorry Farseer for this long phrase ... I know you like them wink.gif ). These kind of lies use to turn and "bite" your behind.
I wasn't much of a sinner, but I did smoke. I will tell that to my daughter, but I will also tell her that now I feel like a foul for doing it. I'm glad I managed to quite and I will advice her not to do it.

Offtopic but,
explain you did these things
crime

You did this thing?

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2005 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do As I Say, Not As I Do. Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

No... I did not do this, but I figure I would throw that in there because it's along those lines. I know it's appropriate to have the talk with your children early about not doing drugs, and not committing crime because those could lead them down the wrong path.
Just imagine if you will... when you were a teenager, you got yourself into all sorts of trouble with the law and you had to go to jail. Now, years later, if your three year old little daughter asks you "Daddy - have you ever been to jail?" would you think that at that very moment, you would say "no" and then maybe later in life when she has the ability to understand that people make mistakes, you would explain to her that yes, you had been to jail, paid for your mistakes, and moved on with your life in the right direction?

> TOPIC: Do As I Say, Not As I Do.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,