Dacia Logan

Dacia Logan - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 29th Jul, 2005 - 5:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th Jul, 2005 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

Dacia Logan

Dacia Logan is the new (2004 to be accurate) romanian car. In my opinion it is a successful car. It got 3 stars on the NCAP crash tests which for a car that costs 5,000-8,000 euros is good (NCAP is independent).

Offtopic but,
Here is the link: https://www.euroncap.com/content/safety_rat.p?id1=6&id2=221
also see this test:
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/crashtest/car/206/

In Romania they sold a bit over 250 cars/day in the first six month of 2005. Being the car of 2004 in Romania and the car of 2005 in Serbia may not tell you much, but it sold great also in west-european countries. In France the first 1800 cars are sold and other 7800 have subscribed. In Belgium, they sold a few hundreds in the first day. They sent 600 cars in Spain and 800 in Germany (500 are already sold).
And so, I get to the point why I posted this in the first place. The German Auto Club made a crash test which concluded that the Logan could jeopardize the life of the driver in case you want to avoid a suddenly appeared obstacle at 65km/h. The car could turn over. They (G.A.C.) already admitted that the tests weren't "quite standard".
I can't say that the german car producers feel threatened by Dacia, but I think in the German Auto Club is taking the side of german manufacturers. After all, Dacia is made by Renault (France).
If you are interested on how the car looks check this out:
https://www.daciagroup.com/

Sponsored Links:
29th Jul, 2005 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

Logan Dacia

The German Auto Club made a crash test which concluded that the Logan could jeopardize the life of the driver in case you want to avoid a suddenly appeared obstacle at 65km/h. The car could turn over.

I have never seen or driven a Romanian car for obvious reasons, but based on the size of it (looking at the link you gave) the test the German Auto Club made is obvious. If you want to avoid risk of injury then the Dacia Logan may be too small, not to put it down at all - it is just a known fact with small compact cars, a larger automobile is in order. The back of it is also short so a hit from the rear could be fatal for the back seat passengers.

29th Jul, 2005 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Dacia Logan Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

f you want to avoid risk of injury then the Dacia Logan may be too small

Too small? 4.25m long, 1.70m wide, 1.525m high, 2,63m between the weels. It's a family car, similar to renault clio.

What I was trying to say is that in my opinion the guys from the German Auto Club wanted the Logan to look bad (that's why they modified the standard tests). I can't say what their reasons are, but for me it's obvious that a car can't behave that bad after taking 3 stars in an independent, well-respected test (NCAP).

29th Jul, 2005 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Logan Dacia

4.25 meters is equal to 13.94 feet, that makes the Dacia Logan small really. If you look at this page you will see some car sizes just as an example only: click here. See the Laguna, that in my country is still considered a medium sized car compared to the bigger ones and that is 15.94 ft (almost 16ft.). If you want something with protection on impact then 17ft and above is safe, but of course you have to pay a lot more too, but I understand the point you want to make about the German test - why are they against you so?

29th Jul, 2005 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Logan Dacia

When you said small, I assumed you were thinking Logan is a car similar to Mercedes A classe or Fiat Panda. You're right, there could be problems, but for that price, 3 stars crash test is fair in my opinion.

why are they against you so?

They are not against romanians, my feeling they are against frenchmen. There is a rivalry between the 2 countries - not only - regarding car manufacturing (see the european constitution votes). Also, when Renault made the "bet" of initiating the project of "the 5000 euro car", the guys from VW laughed and said it's impossible. Now that the project became reality, ... they are not laughing anymore.

Anyway, the important thing for Renault (and for the romanian economy) is that the Dacia Logan sells.

> TOPIC: Dacia Logan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,