Michael Owen - Page 2 of 2

There is speculation that Owen may be considering - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 4th Jul, 2007 - 3:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
19th Mar, 2006 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Michael Owen - Page 2

I would not be so harsh on Owen, we are talking club football here - club football is generally about who pays the most. Now, if he changed citizenship to play for another country, because they paid more then we could rant about that.

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2006 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Owen Michael

I have to express my allegance before adding to this discussion. I am a passionate Liverpool supporter and was not happy when Owen left the Reds.

But I understand and accept the reasons why he went. Playing for Real Madrid is one of the most prestigious clubs in the world. At the moment I would rate the Spanish League as better than the English Premiership and perhaps marginally better than Italy's Serie A. So Owen's move could have been motivated by a desire to play against the best.

Rather strangely, Liverpool won the Chapions League, and Real have won nothing, so perhaps it wasn't a great move for Owen.

But to be fair I don't agree with how sparingly he was used at Madrid. He should have been a first team regular.

Let's also not forget Owens pay packet.

I would have liked for Owen to return to Liverpool but for the sort of money Real was asking the Reds were not interested. There is nothing wrong with playing at Newcastle, however questions are raised about their credentials to win silverware.

9th Apr, 2006 - 9:08am / Post ID: #

Michael Owen Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Owen going to Newcastle proves he is only interested in money and he has no interest in winning trophies. His only motivation, apart from the money. for returning to English football was to play regular football. He will play every game when fit for Newcastle but he will never win anyhthing

10th May, 2006 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Owen Michael

Owen has been named to the 23-man England squad and will likely start with Rooney injured. He too is recovering from the same injury that has inflicted Rooney, the 'curse of the metatarsal' as he called it. It is well known that he has been playing, in pain, for Newcastle, and in limited minutes. It will be interesting to see how he performs on the World Cup stage.

10th May, 2006 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Owen Michael

It's well known Michael Owen takes a while to come back from injury so I have a few question marks over his ability to perform at this World Cup. I hope he can find form because he is now such an important part of the team.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2007 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Michael Owen
A Friend

Michael Owen

There is speculation that Owen may be considering a move to Arsenal, being an arsenal fan I would hate to see this happen, ok we have lost Mr Henry, but we have replaced him by spending more on a (better player?) I doubt it.

Either way I've never liked Owen, I think he had potential to become a great player, but after all the hype around him as "Young Michael Owen" from the world cup/euro cup, he went down hill, I don't think he could handle the fame, and pressure. Anyway 100ds of injuries have left Owen a decent sub at best in my opinion.

But the biggest reason I don't like him is that he is from Wales, but considered 50/50 giving him the decision to play for Wales or England, and he sold out, Wales could have had Giggs and Owen now that would have been rather decent to what we currently have. So no I hope he stays with the castle.

Reconcile Message Edited...
LDS_forever: I do not plan to edit each one of your posts. PLEASE ensure to use caps when appropiate and use the Spell Check option.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Michael Owen

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,