South Carolina Columbia Mission

South Carolina Columbia Mission - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Oct, 2005 - 9:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2005 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I haven't been around here for a while but I wanted everyone to know my son got his mission call to the South Carolina Columbia mission. He reports to the MTC on Sept. 14th. He's excited, a little disappointed he didnt go foreign but I told him it doesn't matter where you go, its what you do when you get there.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Aug, 2005 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Mission Columbia Carolina South

You are right about it not mattering where you serve, but how. I am both happy for you and him and you can of course use this thread to keep us all up to date.

2nd Aug, 2005 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

South Carolina Columbia Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

My brother is serving in that mission until November, so he and your son will probably be in the field for one transfer together. He loves it. He is not jealous that I went to Australia and he went to South Carolina. They seem to be having lots of success.

All the best to you and your son.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2005 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That's great your brother is in the same mission. My nephew served in the same mission about 3 or 4 years ago and has given us some good tips. He says it is very stong Bible belt and conversions are difficult, but the people are fantastic.

9th Aug, 2005 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

I think it seems more glamourous to go on a mission out of the country in which you live, but aren't the people of your own country (whichever it is) just as valuable as those in another country?

One young man from our ward was called to Utah! The only place in the entire world he didn't want to go before submitting his papers is where he ended up. He really didn't want to go, but once he did, he really enjoyed it and realized just how important the work he was doing really was. All missionary work is equally important.

I am so grateful for the missionaries that served in the US where I was living that found me and taught me the gospel. I am sure your son will have a wonderful experience and will be believe his mission is the best of them all before he is done serving.

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2005 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Actually, I don't think my son was disappointed at all, he seemed quite excited to be going to S.C. I think the disappointment was more mine, which I have since repented of. I guess I wanted him to go to Argentina where I served. He told me he never had any feeling that he would go foreign. He arrived in a group of 15 missionaries this past Monday in S.C. Haven't heard any news yet, he'll probably email us on his first P-day. We're excited to see where his first assignment is and how he is doing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: South Carolina Columbia Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,