Abandoning Baby

Abandoning Baby - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th Aug, 2005 - 5:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

6th Aug, 2005 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Abandoning Baby

Is it just me or shouldn't this girl get just a little 'bit more' than a simple probation, after all look at this quote from the news:

The temperature had dropped to about 10 C by 8:30 p.m., and the newborn was suffering from mild hypothermia.

Youth court Judge Sharron Prowse O'Ferrall said Thursday that while the girl acted in a "cold and callous" way, she has shown remorse and is a low risk to reoffend.

Bold added.

PROBATION FOR GIRL WHO LEFT NEWBORN IN TRASH

A teenage girl from Calgary who put her newborn son out with the garbage and then finished cooking dinner for her mother and her brother has been sentenced to a year's probation.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...ence050805.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2005 - 7:16am / Post ID: #

Abandoning Baby
A Friend

Baby Abandoning

I agree, I think that she should have herself removed from the situation and not allowed to be around that child anymore. She needs to spend some time in jail also as far as I'm concerned. Leaving a child in the trash is not just negligent, its malicious with intent to harm.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2005 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Abandoning Baby
A Friend

Abandoning Baby Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I agree as well. A year's probation is simply not enough for this terrible act. I'm sure anyone would show remorse once they are called out on their actions.

8th Aug, 2005 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Baby Abandoning

This just BLOWS MY MIND! They are giving the child back to her? How is she going to explain that one to the kid when her son is old enough. Or will it just be hidden from him. Very sad situation.

9th Aug, 2005 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Baby Abandoning

Wow, it does not matter how much stress you have, abandoning a newborn in a trash can has nothing to do with it. I am shocked the Judge was so "soft" when was time of ruling. I am extremely disappointed. The girl needed a lesson in jail.

> TOPIC: Abandoning Baby

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,