Public Pools - Page 2 of 2

Maybe its just in my area, but pools often - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Apr, 2006 - 6:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Do you believe it is safe to swim in public pools?
  Yes       55.56%
  No       0.00%
  Sometimes       44.44%
Total Votes: 9
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Be Careful, There is Something in the Deep...
10th Apr, 2006 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Public Pools - Page 2

I take the kids to the public pool in the summer time. I rely on the treatments that are applied to these pools, and also rely on public testings that are done by the city to ensure that it is meeting certain standards. If I were to worry that much about swimming in a public pool, I probably would never go.

When I was a kid, we occasionally visited public pools. Today, you couldn't get me within 10 feet of one.

If anything, the pools today are probably cleaner than when you visited them as a kid. Back then, you didn't really care about the cleanliness of the pool, and I suspect no real harm came from your visits to it. Why should that change now? No disrespect intended, just a question.

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2006 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Pools Public

From my experience public pools are generally very well maintained. If you are ever curious about the sanitary conditions at a pool you merely have to ask someone working there to show you the treatment log. They are required by law to keep a properly updated and accurate log. (US requirement, not sure about outside US) The worst thing I have ever had to worry about in a public pool was over clorination. That eye burning smell of clorine usually means it is a bad idea to get water in your eyes. Worst it would do is cause irritation but that is one bad thing to put up with. Being that I own my own pool I do not use a public pool myself but after maintaining my own pool I know pretty well what to look for I guess.

10th Apr, 2006 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Public Pools Health & Special Psychology

I know at our local pools, I am pretty safe, my son is a trained lifeguard there!

At our local pools, tests are taken every 2 hours, these are for, PH level of water, total chlorine, available chlorine, pool temperature,air temperature, plus signed off visual checks that the water is clear, and results have to be reported and logged.

It is a requirement that people shower before entering the pool.

My son works at 4 pools,(at separate times) in between his studies, and out of these 4, they all have excellent standards, so we usually take our younger kids to one whilst he is working, that way he gets a lift home too!

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2006 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Public Pools
A Friend

Page 2 Pools Public

I like public pools because there a way to get cool and me and my friends go down in the summer and have a lot of fun. About the germs, I think you should go to pools that you can trust.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2006 - 6:28am / Post ID: #

Public Pools
A Friend

Pools Public

Maybe its just in my area, but pools often seem over chlorinated rather than under chlorinated. Most of the time I can smell the pool levels and have no problems with my kids jumping in, or myself for that matter. I suppose if I saw scum floating in it, that would be much different. But when your kids go to school, a living breeding ground for germs and bacteria, how dangerous is a chlorinated pool really?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Public Pools

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,