Lds Life - Hard? - Page 2 of 3

If I might chime in, I think that LDS life - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Jan, 2006 - 4:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2005 - 7:27am / Post ID: #

Lds Life - Hard?
A Friend

Lds Life - Hard? - Page 2

I think living the LDS life can be hard sometimes. It would make things so much easier for me. Not having to worry about anyone or anything. I can do what I want, when I want and not have to feel guilty for it. But I wouldn't be happy. I know, cos I seem to be living it right now. Besides easy is boring and it's no fun. wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2005 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

Lds Life - Hard?
A Friend

Hard Life Lds

Boring? How so. I'd love an explanation on this.
Now, I know the Amish live quite a boring life and have a rather wierd lifestye, but LDS?

30th Dec, 2005 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Lds Life - Hard? Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (lorandm)
Boring? How so. I'd love an explanation on this.

I am not sure why you ask for an explanation... it is a fact of life that where there is no challenge one becomes sedentary and therefore can reach a psychological state known as 'boredom'. I believe this is why the Latter-Day Saints can be considered far from 'bored' to use the same term, because service to others is paramount in the religion. One does not necessarily have to be like the Amish to be unique, for instance in no religion I can think of is a member, sometimes very new, given the opportunity to pray and talk in front of a congregation. For men they may even be given the Priesthood and perform ordinances. This may seem 'difficult' or 'hard', but not so, since when one is in the service of Christ they feel joy.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2006 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Lds Life - Hard?
A Friend

Page 2 Hard Life Lds

Shortly after I got active in the LDS Church I thought that life was going to be hard and it is true at first LDS life is really hard, you have to let go of all of your old bad habits. But after awhile I didn't even miss having a cigerette, or a shot of Vodka, or some other activities that I found pleasure with.

Now life as a LDS member isn't so much as a economics but a spiritual path that includes aspects that other religions can't offer, like eternal families. I've searched over many religions and not all christian, and none teach that families can be forever. I treasure the thought that when I marry it will be forever.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2006 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

Lds Life - Hard?
A Friend

Hard Life Lds

I am really surprised that this thread has missed asking a question that I always have about LDS members and their life.

As christians, it is going to be harder because you are striving to live life like someone you believe to be perfect, Jesus.

As LDS members also, you have to deal with other christian groups calling you a cult and that you are not real christians.

Does this rare mix of worldly pressures and pressures from other christian groups, mixed with the misunderstanding of most LDS beliefs and the common belief by outsiders that LDS is a cult lend a different take on this question? Does this mix make life harder for you as a result, or do you just learn to accept it?

6th Jan, 2006 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Lds Life - Hard?

I believe the answer to that is different for every Member of the Church depending on both their knowledge and testimony of the Gospel. As a long time Member and former full-time missionary it is easy for me to accept the ignorance out there and sometimes I use it as a reason to discuss and disprove the myths that have been spread over the years.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2006 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Lds Life Hard - Page 2

The hardest part I have found with the mixture of ignorance and religious requirements is that I want to try to set the record straight with those who promulgate the ignorance. However, those who publish incorrect things about my religion, for the most part, know exactly what they are doing, how they are distorting the facts, how they are lying, and just don't care. Many of them are making a very good living by publishing lies and distortions. Many of their customers find it much easier and more pleasurable to believe the liars than to confront their ignorance.

I can't say I find it hard to live the requirements of my religion, except that I have developed some bad habits and addictions that interfere with those requirements. It is always difficult to overcome bad habits.

My belief and knowledge is strong enough that many things that a lot of people might find difficult are not a problem, at least intellectually. I have no problem with fasting for 24 hours at least once a month, for example. My body might complain, and in my weakness, I might even give in to my body, but that is what it is, weakness.

I hope this makes sense, and is not just random thoughts strung together.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2006 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Lds Life - Hard?
A Friend

Lds Life Hard Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

If I might chime in, I think that LDS life being difficult is a direct result of our understanding of the Atonement of Jesus.

If one does not understand that the Atonement is sufficient for our salvation and we are not trying to earn it, then working for a goal we could never achieve is going to be very difficult.

If on the other hand we see that Jesus is sufficient for what we need to get back to the Father then we will do our works and our callings in utter gratitude to Him for His works.

Yes our works are important but they are not sufficient and if we find ourself doing to grudgingly then we should really reevaluate that as that is not how the Savior would want it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Lds Life - Hard?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,