Rpg Reminders

Rpg Reminders - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 19th Jan, 2006 - 12:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2005 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Rpg Reminders

RPG Reminders

If you participate in any of the RPGs you would have encountered a Reminder at one time or the other. These reminders, if ignored, can become irritating, especially if they are allowed to become prevalent when the user does not disable them. Are you the kind of user that still tries to get around the reminders or do you generally try to remove them first?

Sponsored Links:
17th Aug, 2005 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Reminders Rpg

I get the reminder, especially lately, now that I'm the only one in Medieval (except LDS and FBC, but they are in the extension). I try to disable them as soon as I can ... I really don't like the fact that I have to scroll down more because of them. Still, I have a suggestion: for those who are involved in a game and not participate, you (JB) should find a way to increase the size of the reminder, with one inch for each day they don't "react"; so after some days or let's say a week, they'll have to scroll down like forever to get to the "issues".

Offtopic but,
I can't believe that no one wants to play the new scenario of the medieval!

17th Aug, 2005 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Rpg Reminders Feedback & FAQ News Community

Raul, you are a man after my own heart, I will have to see to implementing it or something similar, but believe me, we have some real determined to ignore these reminders, I mean I do not want to mention any names, LDS_forever and FunBikerChic, wait, that just slipped wink.gif.

18th Aug, 2005 - 10:48am / Post ID: #

Reminders Rpg

Raul, man, you are killing me! Not only do I ignore the reminders, they drive me crazy while I am doing it. laugh.gif

Generally, I don't think I need them. I sign on and deal with my RPG responsibilities when I have time or when necessary, but sometimes, especially at work, I don't have time for the RPG, but want to quickly just check on things.

So, as JB already let slip, I ignore them. :-)

23rd Aug, 2005 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Reminders Rpg

I have two new comments. First, I believe, the Medieval banner should disappear if I post in camp. I seldom need to check party stats. Certainly, I don't need to do this daily, but I should post in camp daily.

Second, I am really bothered by the fact that I can't close the RPG drop down reminder. It is now a matter of principal for me. Maybe a matter of stubbornness. Either way, I refuse to do what is required to get it to close. tongue.gif

So, it means I will post much less for the time being because I need to wait for the banner to load, and it is the last thing to load after the rest of the page loads. Then, I can scroll down on the page and the banner stays put. This allows me then to post, but it takes significantly more time to post than it did before.

As I have said before, I post in the RPGs when I can and I do not believe I hold the game up waiting for me to post. Therefore, I believe when I post should be up to me and not be forced to be done at the first moment I sign in.

As you can probably tell by now, I absolutely hate to be forced to do anything and will pretty much always resist such attempts, even if they have well meaning intentions behind them.

23rd Aug, 2005 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Rpg Reminders

You have some options:

1. Making the Medieval Banner close based on a post is too much unnecessary coding for me, especially since a drop down banner is NOT associated with this RPG. It opens every 48 hours and one needs only right click (open in new window) to remove it.

2. Remove yourself from the RPG that is bothering you. The reminders are necessary because Members commit me to a game and then when I work to get it going they leave (that is principle too). So if they are really not serious I would rather them delete their RPG role in that Scenario. The other drop down banners operate every 5-6 days, so I really do not see the big deal, unless of course you consistantly ignore them and so they mount up.

3. I put a hold on the amount of FP interest one can earn in the bank. You see there needs to be a balance and one can continually earn 1000's of FP for doing nothing, where as it is the RPGs that are necessary to get it spent. In fact someone can purposely not participate in anything while waiting for their bank account to gain lots of interest. This defeats the purpose.

4. Members are already not posting much with or without these banners, so nothing is new. The only difference will be is those that start their involvement in the RPGs will be reminded that on the other end there is someone that takes the time to create it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Sep, 2005 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Rpg Reminders

I brought back the 'Close Popup' link on each popup, however, there are new additions to this that should be noted here.

19th Jan, 2006 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Rpg Reminders Community News FAQ & Feedback

Making Life A Little Easier

I went through each RPG Reminder and placed the actual RPG Control Panel link within the popup window itself. In this way, instead of just closing it and then searching for the link to access Cozyville or Plugged's CP, you can do all in one step - thus making life much easier!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Rpg Reminders

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,