Gum Disease

Gum Disease - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2008 - 2:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Gum Disease

How much do you know about the diseases that can affect your gums?

Periodontal (gum) diseases, including gingivitis and periodontitis, are serious infections that, left untreated, can lead to tooth loss. The word periodontal literally means "around the tooth." Periodontal disease is a chronic bacterial infection that affects the gums and bone supporting the teeth. Periodontal disease can affect one tooth or many teeth. It begins when the bacteria in plaque (the sticky, colorless film that constantly forms on your teeth) causes the gums to become inflamed.
Ref. https://www.perio.org/consumer/2a.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2005 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Gum Disease
A Friend

Disease Gum

I was reading this website, and much to my dismay, my medication may contribute to this disease! I have several of the symptoms listed and I take blood pressure medicine. So I guess I am at higher risk?

27th Jan, 2008 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Gum Disease Health & Special Psychology

Since my extractions and a visit to Argentina (see blog) I have found that I developed gum disease on one side of the mouth (upper). I have been trying a number of things to no avail. My dentist did a thorough cleaning and recommended gargling with warm salt water and using Cordosyl every now and again. Those give some relief, but if there is any healing it is slow and the pain often returns.

Recently, I tried keeping raw garlic in my mouth overnight, but I did not see much difference (got that from a web site that claimed this could conquer gum disease, probably I need to do it more regularly).

Finally today I decided to play dentist and do something that I should have done long ago. I have a dentist tool that can take stuff from under the gums (no, I do not know the name) and I decided to take the salt and push it in between the gaps of the gums and teeth where the sore spots are and I am already starting to feel the difference! My dentist did say that I had badly aligned / misshaped teeth so that I would have to take a lot of extra care in cleaning my teeth, but my new method is really taking it beyond as I have to do it after every meal. Let's see how this goes.

27th Jan, 2008 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Disease Gum

I also have badly aligned teeth that causes gum disease even though I floss and brush constantly. The dentist said I won't get rid off completely until I fix my teeth. One thing you said concerns me though, you talk about pain. Is that normal? I haven't experienced that at all.

28th Jan, 2008 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Disease Gum

JB

Recently, I tried keeping raw garlic in my mouth overnight, but I did not see much difference (got that from a web site that claimed this could conquer gum disease, probably I need to do it more regularly).

In regards to salt my dentist is old but he swears by hot water and sea salt for any infection in the mouth. I some times get food in my back tooth at work and by the time I get home it is swollen and uncomfortable. Like you I have some dental tools from my car modeling days and I use them to get the stuff out. The I rinse as many times as I can in a day with salt water seems to help. I might try what you did and pack some slat in there especially over night.

Remember the swelling to the result of a minor infection and the blood rushing to it to kill the infection the hot water bring more blood to help and the salt is a natural disinfectant.

Lds you can spend a fortune on fixing crooked teeth and if it involves braces the fix is only temporary. After all your mouth was made the way it is and that caused your teeth to be they way they are. So move them with braces then over time your own mouth shape will put them back. Win Win for the dental office.... after all they are there to make money not friends.

Better off go for regular cleaning brush two or three times a day and floss. If you have large gaps try a small brush that will clean between your teeth it really helps.

My back teeth the tops are so tight dental will hardly go in but the small brush slides in between the teeth easily and get the stuff out.

The brush is a straight wire core and small bristles on it costs me 1.25 for 4 so very cheap and one lasts for a goos amount of time. Just imagine a teeny tiny bottle brush.

JB garlic man you have a very understanding wife! I would be sleeping on the couch after that laugh.gif . But I hope it is very small pieces as I envisioned a clove getting stuck in your throat ... I know you are wiser than that but some how I thought I better mention it.

28th Jan, 2008 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Gum Disease

Krakyn, you sound like you have it as bad as me, I cannot leave food particles in my mouth for ten minutes otherwise I start to feel serious discomfort and within a few hours the gums are enflamed.

I have been packing the salt all day into the hole between gum and tooth and these are the results:

1. Whereas I would normally have to take some ibuprofen or paracetamol, I do not, because the pain is gone.

2. In the beginning I felt a strong tingling as though whatever was there was waiting for this. Now it feels normal again

3. No bleeding, I floss really hard to ensure all the food is out and usually it will bleed from doing that, but not today.

I have tried the general warm water and salt, and I think it is great for general coverage, BUT to really get those hidden spots you cannot beat putting salt in such a way that it cakes the area. That ensures that it is there long enough before your saliva washes it out naturally.

The garlic is a small piece, not a whole bulb wink.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th May, 2008 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Gum Disease

Why do you think the peppers would kill the skin? Perhaps I have a high tolerance but I can eat them raw and not get any thing more then a warm mouth. The reason I say the tea mixture is good also as it boosts your immune system and the garlic is anti fungal and bacterial and viral. You could add horse radish root in there also but be careful cutting that stuff is very fumy work.

I would do this if the infection in the gum lasts more then a few hours once the object is cleaned from the gum.

I use that same mixture to kill soar throats fast! Just be warned the flatuations could set in after 3 to 4 doses. As you might kill some good bacteria in the process. Each yogort a bit more to counter that effect if you get it.

3rd Jun, 2008 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Gum Disease Psychology Special & Health

Those are good tips, but I feel it is a loss cause because my tooth is most likely dead and that is why I cannot get rid of the infection - the tooth's root is also dead and needs to come out. I will open a new Thread - "Dead Tooth".

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Gum Disease

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,