Reflux - Page 2 of 2

Hi Valla, thank you, I will let you know how - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st May, 2006 - 7:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD
20th May, 2006 - 9:52am / Post ID: #

Reflux - Page 2

I have a recommendation for something that has been a life saver for my husband. He was diagnosed with GERD and has suffered on a daily basis for years. Prescription medicines only helped a little. He tried all the over-the-counter remedies. Then I went to a program on health food and natural remedies for all kinds of ailments. The speaker talked about Aloe Gold, which is a juice concentrate from the whole leaf aloe. It's a dietary supplement. It worked miracles for my husbands heartburn. He takes a little before meals or sometimes just once a day, and the heartburn is gone. It's also been said to have many other health benefits such as greater energy, a help for constipation, acne, and better hair and skin. The web site is Aloe Vera Juice Unfortunately, it looks as though they only ship in USA. I live about a block from a store, so I am willing to provide shipping for anyone outside of the US who is interested in purchasing a bottle. Also, I bet you can find it on Ebay. I can't remember the exact cost, but I can find out. I think it's around $20.00US. It's kind of expensive but worth it, and cheaper than prescriptions. I recommend giving it a try.

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2006 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Reflux

I wonder how much it will help for people who suffer this disease, a radical change on their diet? I know people who love junk food and they eat badly and they always have handy a medication for heartburn.

20th May, 2006 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Reflux Health & Special Psychology

I don't think it would have an effect on everyone if they changed their eating habits. Maybe it would help a good few, but I know that some have it because it is believed to be carried through genes. My Husband for one who suffers with this illness, doesn't eat any junk food because of his food allergies, and only eats 'natural' 'back to basics of the earth' food, and still suffers badly. He has been told that he unfortunately has inherited it and will always suffer with it.
Obviously,there are certain things that contribute to making it worse, like eating citrus fruit, so he steers clear of eating these things.

Valla, thanks for the tip, we hadn't heard of that before, and I went on the internet and researched into it a bit more, and have managed to get my Husband some today, I couldn't believe the shop even had it in the sale with 50% off! Thanks for the tip!

21st May, 2006 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Reflux

I know people who love junk food and they eat badly and they always have handy a medication for heartburn.
This was the major reason my husband couldn't get any relief. He refuses to give up the spicy foods. He does avoid citrus, which bothers him a lot.

Diane, I'm interested to know if it will be helpful for your husband. Could you post and let me know? The taste is terrible. My husband mixes about two tablespoons in a glass of water or juice.

21st May, 2006 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Reflux

Hi Valla, thank you, I will let you know how he gets on with it, I was told not to let him have the juice before he has checked with his Doctor, because he is on quite a lot of medications for a variety of illnesses, but I think it is more a case of the shop making a disclaimer in case the juice doesn't agree with him. I am grateful for all your tips, and I have got the apple juice ready to help with the taste, once it is cleared with his Doctor! laugh.gif
I'll let you know in a few weeks how it is going.
Best wishes, Diane

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Reflux

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,