Joseph Had To Wait

Joseph Wait - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Sep, 2005 - 3:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th Sep, 2005 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Joseph Had To Wait

Recently, I was reminded of JSH 1:59,62 where Joseph Smith was asked to meet each year on the same day for instruction from the angel Moroni. Here are some questions for discussion:

* Were the years before Joseph actually got the plates a time of growing and preparation for him?

* Why did the Lord not want him to get more instruction, like each week or month instead of annually?

* Do you think the plates being gold and his family being poor made selling the plates a temptation?

* Maybe being able to keep a secret was very important?

Sponsored Links:
15th Sep, 2005 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

Wait To Joseph

1. I do think Joseph had to mature. He was only 14 at the time of the First Vision, and I think it just follows logically that he needed to mature and age a little bit -- for a couple of reasons. One, so that he could understand better what was happening, and two, so that people would take him seriously.

2. I've read elsewhere that Joseph received instruction in mass quantities -- I think he needed time to digest the information and to make it a part of his life before he could learn more. He didn't receive just line upon line, but volume upon volume.

3. Yes. Wouldn't you be tempted?

4. The Lord places high value on being trustworthy and having integrity. Joseph had to prove he could be trusted, just as we are proved.

> TOPIC: Joseph Had To Wait

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,