Adopted Into The House Of Israel

Adopted House Israel - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Oct, 2005 - 3:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2005 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

During Priesthood session of Conference a thought came to my head about how can you tell if you are adopted into the house of Israel, I thought on it for a minuted and then I heard from the speaker something about Patriarchal blessings. Then I started to think about everyone I know who has one and none of them are adopted. So, my question is thus, is there anyone out there who is adopted into the House of Israel? And if so, how do you feel about being adopted into the great linage of Abraham?

Sponsored Links:
4th Oct, 2005 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Israel House The Adopted

The patriarchal blessing does not generally specify whether one is a literal descendant or an adopted member of the House of Israel. In the Lord's eyes, it does not seem to matter. I may not have any Israelite blood in me, but I am promised the blessings of Israel just as a converted lineal Israelite would be. Romans 9 is instructive on this concept. The adoption does not even refer to adoption into the family every time. Converted Jews receive the spirit of adoption like anybody else, because Christ becomes their father in a significant way. Thus, to worry about whether we are lineal descendants of Jacob is the least of our gospel problems and questions. Much more important is the question of adoption into Christ's family, which is declared at baptism, but received more fully by the pure and obedient.

Message Edited!
Fixed url code. Please remember that the forum uses BB Code, not HTML.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 4th Oct, 2005 - 8:37pm

> TOPIC: Adopted Into The House Of Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,