DianeC Introduction - Page 17 of 47

Hi JB, thanks for asking, the job situation - Page 17 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2006 - 11:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 47 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ...Latest (47) »
Looking for EMM RMs (Past Missionaries From Eccles). Winner of the 2007 Architect Award.
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2006 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 23.8%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

DianeC Introduction - Page 17

And now, back to reality... smile.gif

Glad you had a good day. I love sleeping in! It's a rare day I get to sleep past 6 or 7 a.m., so good on you ! !

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2006 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,081
Flag Posts: 51,738
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,621.62 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction DianeC

Diane it looks like you have some future job woes (yes, I read your blog), and I hope it all works out for you or maybe that you will find something better. Having a son now going to university and two kids with special needs means you will have some financial burdens, not to mention that the UK and Japan are some of the most expensive places to live in the world!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2006 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 68.9%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

DianeC Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Wow, you are such an optimistic person. I think is a great quality of yours. Sometimes when I get a chance to read your blogs and feel a little bit what you go through (specially with your younger kids) I am usually surprised by the positive spirit that you keep. It's just amazing. Thanks for being here and sharing your sweet personality with all of us. smile.gif
Sol

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2006 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.5%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

Page 17 Introduction DianeC

Hi JB and LDS, thanks you 2 for your encouragement and support. It really means a lot to me!

Our 2 little ones definitely keep us on our toes!
It's the small things like the swimming lessons that really make you realize that the opportunities for kids with special needs really aren't on par with children who don't have these special requirements, and you always end up looking for alternatives that they can participate in that doesn't leave them feeling inadequate, and at the same time bolsters up their confidence, I know you both understand where I'm coming from on that one!

The thing with Nanny jobs anyway is that they don't normally last for more than 5 years, but I'd be sad to see this one finish prematurely due to lack of finance. I'm sure I'll find something, so it's not getting me too downhearted,and it's a good job I'm an optimistic kind of person laugh.gif

I appreciate your kind words, best wishes, Diane.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2006 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction DianeC

Let me know if you need some kind of official web page for your services, I can do one for you - no problem. Maybe an online resume, showing your experience, etc.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2006 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

DianeC Introduction

Hi, thanks for the offer, that's really good.~I think I will be okay though,I am registered with an agency from last time, so I think they will come through with something for me if it's needed, but if not I'll give you a shout. Thanks for that, all the best, Diane.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2006 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

DianeC Introduction - Page 17

DianeC, what's the update on work, any success with getting a new job?

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2006 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

DianeC Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 17

Hi JB, thanks for asking, the job situation is a 'bit up in the air' at the moment. Basically my boss is self employed, and last month she ran at a loss of thousands for the entire month, so when she said to me that there was only 3 weeks money left before bankruptcy, she said that unless something picked up, then there wasn't going to be a job, but she asked me to give her time to try to sort something out.

Last week, she got some good sales in, which has at least financially secured her until the end of November, so we are both living day to day not knowing week to week if I've still got a job.

At first, I was really concerned and worried, as we rely heavily on my wage, but after searching out local job vacancies for nannies, there doesn't seem to be too much of a shortage in jobs. I have decided to keep looking at what is available, but not act on it until it is really necessary, as I don't want to bail out on the family that I currently work for until there is no work left there. (Hopefully she will manage to salvage her work and get some more good sales in) --Here's hoping!
Best wishes, Diane.

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:

> TOPIC: DianeC Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,