DianeC Introduction - Page 3 of 47

Hi Malexander, thank you for your concern,your - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 19th Mar, 2006 - 2:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (47) »
Looking for EMM RMs (Past Missionaries From Eccles). Winner of the 2007 Architect Award.
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2006 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.5%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

DianeC Introduction - Page 3

I have posted the recipe for trifle just now on the thread for "sweet tooth recipes"I certainly will put the recipes on for the fish batter and yorkshire pudding sometime today, but probably quite later on.

It was only overwhelming to me getting around the site, as I personally don't know my way around a computer laugh.gif!
Once I had worked that out, everything else falls into place! to be honest, if I was looking in the right place for the help from the start, it's really quite simple!
as the saying goes, it's only easy if you know the answer.

I will also have a look to see if their are any other "British" food recipes that we take for granted, but other members might like to try, and I'll also get those posted as soon as possible.

great site by the way, and thanks for making me feel so welcome.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2006 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,080
Flag Posts: 51,737
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,620.22 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction DianeC

I reviewed the Trifle recipe and appreciate your posting it. I miss the British desserts a lot, I consider them far superior to others I have tasted around the world, especially the chocolate. You will see discussions on these elsewhere in the Community.

I am glad that you are getting your way around as you need to, do not forget to give Feedback when you get a chance. You may also wish to select an avatar to give you some uniqueness, or optionally you can upload your own picture of yourself via the Forum Shop.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2006 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

DianeC Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I have taken your advice JB, and have got an avatar, I'm really quite excited about it, your suggestion was much appreciated.
I have also started a new thread with the recipes for the fish batter, and Yorkshire pudding, I think that everything is translated into US weights/measures ok on it too.If not, I did at least try!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 3 Introduction DianeC

That is great DianeC, you are doing well here and making a significant Contribution to all our Discussions. I only hope now to get my wife to make it for me wink.gif Sadly, the gravy mix that is so common there is not readily available here, so I may have to work out a substitute.

I am happy you are excited about your Avatar, it really makes posts more identifiable. What made you choose the traffic light as your avatar?

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2006 - 9:04am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

Introduction DianeC

I like the picture you downloaded of the fish and chips. My husband likes curry sauce on his with mushy peas, sounds a bit disgusting I know, but I have tried it, and it is quite nice!

I don't know what you have to use for gravy , but if you can get gravy browner or something similar, you can mix a few tablespoons of (US) cornstarch/ (UK) corn flour with water to make a paste. add the gravy browning or equivilent. Boil up some vegetable stock/water and put together and bring back to the boil stirring all the time.

My husband loves cooking, and is always experimenting with food.We have always made our gravy the same way, but the other day, he decided to make the gravy very weak. He then boiled half a pan of mixed fresh vegetables, eg-- broccoli, carrots, peas, corn, cabbage, and when it was cooked, he liquidized it all and mixed it into the weak gravy and boiled it back up. Not only did it thicken the gravy back up, but it was the best I had ever tasted, but we also had our kids eating tonnes of veggies without even realizing they were eating them!

Last night instead of using the veggies as above, he tried it with onions and mushrooms, that was really nice too, but not as nice as the veggie one.

Please do feel free to ask me to post any recipes that you might want from the UK, or other information, and I will do my best to find it.

About the avator, I looked at all the avators, and when I first saw the traffic light, I really liked it, but I looked at all the rest too, but went back to the traffic light that I had originally liked, don't know why, I just liked it.
(my husband would compare it to my shopping--- I find something I like in the first shop, go around the next 200 shops, and then go back to the first one and buy it) laugh.gif!

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2006 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

DianeC Introduction

international QUOTE (DianeC)
My husband likes curry sauce on his with mushy peas,

I forgot about mushy peas, it has been a long time. Maybe he would like to post some of his ideas here too - we need more couples in the Community - you should invite him.

I really cannot think of other recipes per se from Britain, but if there are any you think we may like do feel free to post them. However, there are a number of British related threads here that you may like to comment on, especially in the International News & Political Boards - that is, if you are comfortable jumping into those subjects?

Blog Read My Blog
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2006 - 7:36am / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper
[?] CPosts: 3,709
Flag Posts: 4,419
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 15.4%
[+] Gain: 224.48 FP
Charm: 150

DianeC Introduction - Page 3

Hey DianeC, I noticed you haven't been around in the last few days, and just wanted to check in with you. I've been enjoying your posts around the forum, and hope all is well with you.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 30th Apr, 2004 - 8:51pm
Signature: Sooner or later the things you own end up owning you.
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2006 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

DianeC Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

Hi Malexander, thank you for your concern,your message was really kind. I have been really ill for 2 weeks, so hence no activity on the computer! I am feeling a lot better now, so am up at least.
I have missed being here, and am glad to be back!
(I don't know whether this is where I reply to you, but hope you get this message)
laugh.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:
+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (47) »

> TOPIC: DianeC Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,