DianeC Introduction - Page 38 of 47

Your memory is good considering how well travelled - Page 38 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 20th Nov, 2008 - 10:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 47 pgs.  34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42  ...Latest (47) »
Looking for EMM RMs (Past Missionaries From Eccles). Winner of the 2007 Architect Award.
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2008 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,081
Flag Posts: 51,738
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,621.62 FP
Charm: 394

DianeC Introduction - Page 38

Thanks for the update, although the update is unfortunate. FarSeer is also losing a pet too (Parvo Disease Thread). Cancer is really a painful ordeal, my father went through it and it was not easy for him or for me to watch. As for children, I wish Felipe could have something like that, some days I really lose hope with seeing normality in our lives to be honest.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2008 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.5%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

Introduction DianeC

I know it's hard,worse still when you can't do anything to make somebody well again.

I can fully sympathize with you there JB, I do think having the educational psychologists in may bring better help for the 2 youngest, I just don't like the way all decisions are taken out our hands, but I don't suppose you can have it all ways.
Thanks for the good wishes, and I'm rooting for you to get the provisions you need to get Felipe the help he needs also.
Best wishes, Diane.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2008 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

DianeC Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I notice the UK and US and maybe Canada are all quick to tell you what is best for your child, but that it the negative when your child is exposed to a public system. Do update us on your progress with them. By the way, do you have any kind of friendship groups there where similar children with special needs get together for activities?

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2008 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

Page 38 Introduction DianeC

QUOTE (JB @ 14-Nov 08, 6:15 PM)
By the way, do you have any kind of friendship groups there where similar children with special needs get together for activities?

Hi, unfortunately the North West group is held in an area that the Adoption Courts specified that we were not allowed in (to keep the children safe), so we don't attend one.
Our neighbors are quite supportive though, because they have a teenager with ADHD, so we don't need to worry too much on the home front about how loud our kids are. We're lucky that we've got them to talk to, and vice versa.
I'll keep you posted as to how we get on. smile.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2008 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction DianeC

Adoption Courts specified that we were not allowed in...

Do they still have large council estates like Wythenshawe in the Greater Manchester area? I remember us being sometimes the target of violence when proselyting there.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2008 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

DianeC Introduction

Hi JB, they do have large council estates still in some areas of Greater Manchester, in other areas, the councils have passed ownership over to housing associations who seem to have more powers to evict bad tenants, and they are spending more money on the housing to boost morale of tenants (some who have paid rent for over 35 years- and still had the original kitchens and bathrooms fitted)
Wythenshawe being the biggest council estate in europe has had problems practically since the place was built. It has however changed probably slightly in the last few years as that too has been passed over to a housing association to run the area. Also, there has been quite a lot of redevelopment in the area, with a state of the art police station being opened, a new market, and a new supermarket having been opened there... I fear though that attitudes haven't changed much, as it's still the same people living in the area laugh.gif

My friend used to go to the stake house there at Wythenshawe, where also I was baptized, and she was telling me how years ago when the Wythenshawe Stake house was built, the missionaries would go around the houses of Wythenshawe and people would throw disinfectant on the floor and scrub where the missionaries had walked... how insulting is that? I think things have probably got a bit better for missionaries since then, but probably not much..and I know I certainly wouldn't like to walk he streets there trying to talk about God... hats off to you JB, I can guess you must have had a tough time in that part of Manchester!

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2008 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

DianeC Introduction - Page 38

We had an interesting time there, lots of good experiences actually. I actually think I got more trouble from the Members than the Wythenshawe folk wink.gif. Needless to say people did throw stones at us and my companion was punched in the eye - all happy stuff to smile about now. I remember the Wythenshawe chapel well. It is near a circular and dual carriage way. We used to play basketball there on P-days. Thanks for the update. I feel hungry for some cod and chips with plenty salt and vinegar. Oh and some Yorkshire pudding with gravy.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2008 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

DianeC Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 38

Your memory is good considering how well travelled you are! Spot on as always. It sounds like you got a lot from doing your mission, that's one of the things that I regret that I never got to do. When I joined the Church, I was already just married a year, and I did start a mission fund, for one day in the future, but whilst still saving found out I was having my Son Ant, and that was that, the money obviously went elsewhere. undecided.gif
Now that I don't go to the church, I won't be going on one any day soon.

I wish I could send you some northern food down the internet for you *laughs*, thanks for the query, it's been good to talk 'local'.

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:

> TOPIC: DianeC Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,