DianeC Introduction - Page 41 of 47

It seems to have sunk in a bit more, and I - Page 41 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 10th Feb, 2009 - 5:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 47 pgs.  37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45  ...Latest (47) »
Looking for EMM RMs (Past Missionaries From Eccles). Winner of the 2007 Architect Award.
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2009 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

DianeC Introduction
A Friend

DianeC Introduction - Page 41

Yes it is those small steps that help you in your recovery. I am glad that your able to sit for a minute or two and enjoy the fact that you can reconnect with many over this vast world.

I do like pain killers especially when your in a lot of pain. Just remember to not over do it and get the rest you need to continue to recover.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2009 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 4,590
Flag Posts: 7,330
Avg: 1.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 29.5%
[+] Gain: 20,660.60 FP
Charm: 136

Introduction DianeC

Yes seems a very low damage amount for a corner of a car. I did that just replacing a couple of bumpers laugh.gif.

Do take your time recovering and do push to complete the exercises they give you as they are key to a long term recovery. You are in our prayers and I will ask the men to pray for you at the men's meeting today.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 5th Jan, 2007 - 6:43pm
Signature: Stand up for God and he will stand up for you.
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2009 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.5%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

DianeC Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

QUOTE (JB @ 10-Feb 09, 10:20 AM)
Did you say any special prayer that day?

We always pray in the morning and at night, but we said a special thank you prayer that night as well, that we were fortunate enough to walk away alive. I thank God so much for that...I can't even bear to think of how it could have all ended up.

The other driver was tested for alcohol, and because he was sober the police decided to take no further action against him, but have placed the blame firmly at his door, which helps us for our insurance.

I was the passenger, as my husband was driving my car, and I haven't been able to drive since..I'm not looking forward to having to try to drive again either, but will need to when I go back to work. I think I will be having my husband's car as the insurance are offering me a pittance for mine, and Wayne's car is a few years newer than mine was.

The ironic thing was that we were only going to Costco for a tray of chocolate muffins for the teaching staff at the kids school for Christmas...it certainly turned out to be an expensive tray of muffins! laugh.gif

Thanks you guys for all your kindness, best wishes, Diane.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2009 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,081
Flag Posts: 51,738
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,621.62 FP
Charm: 394

Page 41 Introduction DianeC

Well, the important thing is that you can work out your day, rehabilitate, and look forward to more time with your loved ones. Good that it was not a head injury. Well, I guess you have more time on your hands and taking a lot of rest, soon you will be attacking the Arcade again?

By the way, how did the kids react to it, how did they handle it afterward?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2009 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

Introduction DianeC

QUOTE (JB @ 10-Feb 09, 11:25 AM)
soon you will be attacking the Arcade again?

By the way, how did the kids react to it, how did they handle it afterward?

Hi JB, laugh.gif, you know me too well! I'll probably be back on the arcade very soon!

The kids didn't handle it too well, especially Claire, who tried to chase the ambulance, and I could hear her shouting that "they are taking Mummy away to die".
Of course she doesn't fully understand, and I think there are obvious issues about her having already been taken from her birth Mother in there, but on the whole she has come round to accepting it a bit better, and she has asked me most days if I'll be better soon.David finds it very hard to put vocally any of his feelings, but I have had more hugs off him than usual.

I haven't been able to do much with them, but it's been nice spending time at home with them.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2009 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,081
Flag Posts: 51,738
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,621.62 FP
Charm: 394

DianeC Introduction

QUOTE ("DianeC")
...and I could hear her shouting that "they are taking Mummy away to die".

Oh, poor thing. I know those moments quite well, when we were in the hospital with Jonah for his head injury Felipe was behaving like we were in a funeral mixed with brief fits of anger at the wall and then at the doctors.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2009 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

DianeC Introduction
A Friend

DianeC Introduction - Page 41

It is interesting how some kids see things. I am glad that your able to spend a lot more time with kids for a bit Diane. I hope that they learn that come to accept that you are not going anywhere for a long time.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2009 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

DianeC Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 41

It seems to have sunk in a bit more, and I suppose the stronger I get the more it will reassure them.
You never know how kids minds work though, what you class as a normal procedure, they see as a threat.

I think I could get too used to being at home with them..it's not been the best of circumstances, but it's been nice to spend the time with them anyway.

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:

> TOPIC: DianeC Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,