Ordinary Members - Page 3 of 3

Elder Packer is making the difference between - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Sep, 2009 - 10:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
14th Aug, 2008 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Ordinary Members - Page 3

QUOTE (dbackers @ 12-Jul 07, 4:53 PM)
I'm not sure that Elder Packer would not include himself in the ranks of ordinary member in the context of the Ensign article.

He is not including himself when he says in the same article:

I do not like to receive honors. Compliments always bother me, because the great work of moving the gospel forward has in the past, does now, and will in the future depend upon ordinary members.

And he adds..

Let no one underestimate the power of faith in the ordinary Latter-day Saints. Remember the Lord said, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" (Matthew 25:40).

Sponsored Links:
7th Sep, 2009 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Members Ordinary

Elder Packer is making the difference between a GA and an average member without that sort of calling as lds_forever mentioned why he would make that distinction I dont know its surely weird you know what am I saying? But yes when he says that he doesnt like to receive compliments and honors BECAUSE the gospel moves forward and depends upon "ordinary" members he's separating himself from "ordinary". Sorry folks, a little disturbing if you ask me.

Reconcile Edited: SuzieSu on 7th Sep, 2009 - 10:36pm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ordinary Members

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,