Anything More Significant?

Anything Significant - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Nov, 2005 - 1:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2005 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

"When we begin to understand the magnitude of [the Messiah's] sacrifice and service to us individually and collectively, we then cannot consider anything else to be of more importance or to approach His significance in our lives.

"For most of us, this understanding does not come all at once and likely will not be fully complete during our mortal sojourn. We do know, however, that as we learn line upon line, our appreciation for the Savior's contributions will increase and our knowledge and assurance of their truthfulness will grow."
-- Elder Cecil O. Samuelson Jr., "Perilous Times," Ensign, Nov. 2004, 50-51

"I bear my special witness that Jesus Christ gave His life, making possible the salvation and exaltation of all the families of the earth. With all the feeling of a tender parent, I express my love and the love of our Heavenly Father to you and your family. May we gather our loved ones around us, 'gird up [our] loins; [and] fresh courage take. Our God will never us forsake.' With faith, courage, and love, families will truly be together forever."
--"With All the Feelings of a Tender Parent: A Message of Hope to Families," Ensign, May 2004, 91

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2005 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Significant Anything

I have heard many talk about the invention of the wheel, light bulb, aircraft, etc., but none of these stand up to the eternal benefit of what the Savior offers. Highlights of men are just earth bound and surely they do benefit us, but after this life what significance will it have - none. In fact, science will never be able to resurrect a person to an immortal body.

> TOPIC: Anything More Significant?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,