Overcoming Fear

Overcoming Fear - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 26th Nov, 2020 - 5:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2005 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Fear

There are many things in life that can bring fear into the hearts of humans. Consider your own fears, do you deal with them, give into it, or overcome it? For excellent information on overcoming fear see the below link:

Fears are the:

* Irrational beliefs about how an object, event, happening, or feeling will result in negative, disastrous, life threatening, disturbing, or unsettling consequences for you.
* Result of giving power to your objects of irrational belief, letting them rule you rather than you ruling them.
* Underlying motive behind many of your actions and lack of action that block your thinking, problem solving and decision making abilities.
Ref. https://www.coping.org/growth/fears.htm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2005 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Fear
A Friend

Fear Overcoming

I think it depends on the fear, for me. Some fears I can overcome, like when I'm at home by myself and I hear an abnormal noise and think that there might be someone breaking into my house. I can usually pull myself together, with the help of a butcher knife or something, and go check it out.

Some of my phobias I tend to walk away from because they're phobias.

I used to be terrified of bridges, but I'm beginning to get over those. Slowly...but surely. I had to drive over the god of all bridged at the end of the Summer, and I was a hysterical mess the whole way over it, but I made it through.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2007 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Overcoming Fear Health & Special Psychology

SCIENCE MAKING HEADWAY ON FEAR

Science is getting a grip on people's fears. As Americans revel in all things scary on Halloween, scientists say they now know better what's going on inside our brains when a spook jumps out and scares us. Knowing how fear rules the brain should lead to treatments for a major medical problem: when irrational fears go haywire.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...23384,00.html

1st Nov, 2007 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Fear Overcoming

Fear is all mental. If you know about something you are less likely to fear it so if you fear something learn about it.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2007 - 9:35am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Fear
A Friend

Fear Overcoming

I'd agree that fear is mental, but knowing about something doesn't mean you won't fear it. I'm terrified of the night, and in poorly lit areas I actually have to control my breathing to keep from hyperventilating. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it is still a problem despite my knowing there's nothing out there.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2020 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Overcoming Fear

Scientists identify brain cells that help drive bodily reaction to fear, anxiety. Scientists have discovered that artificially forcing the activity of BNST cells in mice produced an arousal response in the form of dilated pupils and faster heart rate, and worsened anxiety-like behaviors. This helps illuminate the neural roots of emotions, and point to the possibility that the human-brain counterpart of the newly identified population of arousal-related neurons might be a target of future treatments for anxiety disorders and other illnesses involving abnormal arousal responses. Source 3u.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Overcoming Fear

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,