Original Or Fake

Original Fake - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2006 - 2:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
4th Nov, 2005 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Original Or Fake

Today I heard a Pastor on radio saying that most people of today are so involved in being fake when they could be original. It is the first time I heard this and immediately thought how true it was and is in everyday life. The question is, why do people rather be something that is fake rather than original (unique)?

Sponsored Links:
7th Nov, 2005 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

Fake Original

Because people have a natural need to "fit" in and be accepted. We are social creatures and most people rationalize that if you try to be "original" or "unique" you are label as "weird" or "freak" just because you do not follow the trends of fashion or what the masses are doing and most people are willing to sacrifice their own self, personality and so on and becoming someone else in order to feel accepted and that they belong to a group.

11th Nov, 2005 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Original Or Fake Health & Special Psychology

People do not choose to be fake, but rather accept it in order to fit in.

Even so I think many people are striving to be individuals, trying so hard in fact that they reject the things that are "accepted" in order to be different.

Everybody is an individual at heart if not appearance, just very few people seem to realize that this is so.

11th Nov, 2005 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

Fake Original

People do not choose to be fake, but rather accept it in order to fit in.

Wouldn't you agree that accepting something is also choice? you may not agree with being fake, but if you choose to 'fit in' by being fake then it is in the end your choice. Even when forced on you, it is still a matter of choice unless one has become incapacitated through abuse or the use of drugs. The issue may actually revolve around self-esteem or insecurity unless you are purposely infiltrating a group with the aim of gathering information, etc.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2005 - 6:46am / Post ID: #

Original Or Fake
A Friend

Fake Original

Part of the problem may always be people not knowing how to be their own person. In a society that speaks of individuality, and yet strives for unison in most aspects, it would be hard growing up as a child to figure out how to be your own person.

Then there are the majority, who simply choose to go with the flow. Many motivations can lead to a lifestyle of following instead of creating your own path, some dealing with what is easiest and some dealing with being afraid of being the outcast. It's easier to simply allow the river to take you where it wants to, rather than swimming against the current.

Take clothing, for example. If a female chooses to dress in a modest manner in America, it takes nine forevers to find clothes. Most places sell everything fifteen sizes too small, and it shows everything God gave us. It would be easier to ignore the convictions you have about how to dress and go with what's popular; however, it would be more fullfilling to stand up and take that extra work to be yourself and dress how you want to.

Another motivation is, as previous said by others, the fear of being outcasted. The ideal life for most is to fit in, and that causes a lot of people to abandon their own reserves to be accepted by others. For instance, there is a girl at the daycare I work at that used to be one of our girls we never had to get on to. She would always go out of her way to obey and help. Well, since she started hanging out with one of our disciplinary problem children, there has been a significant decrease in her behavior. It only happens when that other girl is around. She does it because she wants to be accepted by this other girl.

People do ignore their true self in hopes of creating a better living environment by being accepted.

1st Jan, 2005 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Original Or Fake

QUOTE (BabyBlues)
Part of the problem may always be people not knowing how to be their own person. In a society that speaks of individuality, and yet strives for unison in most aspects, it would be hard growing up as a child to figure out how to be your own person.

That is a valid point. I have found that a few role models can make a difference through showing that it is not necessary to put on an act or be like the crown in order to be happy. Happiness is the key here, people want to be happy, they do not want to be made different, and so in the search of this happiness they 'become' other personalities in the hope of finding merriment, when in fact the potential happiness and joy is already in them. No other ingredients necessary, but they do not read the label.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Apr, 2006 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Original Fake

All the arguments made so far are dealing with the issue of trying to 'fit in'. My opinion is that most people are fake so that they portray themselves as different people to outsiders, when on the inside, or maybe within their homes, they are completely the opposite. This is not really done to 'fit in', but to give people a perception that they are one type of person when they really aren't. Sometimes, this causes them not to fit in at all, but they are getting the attention of being 'that' person.

3rd Jun, 2006 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Original Fake Psychology Special & Health

I could care less about what anyone says about me I am me and not a fake I am unique and so should everyone else.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Original Or Fake

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,