Team America: World Police

Team America World Police - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 9th Jan, 2006 - 2:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

4th Nov, 2005 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Do you remember 'The Thunderbirds', a television show for kids using puppets? Well this is an utter disgrace of that.

I was unaware of the rating on this film when I first started to watch it, by the end of the first scene and into the next I had turned it off. This is utter filth and is not even worth mentioning save only as a warning for others who do not want to be polluted by it. The film uses comedy mixed in with violence and sexual innuendos to produce what I would consider total nonsense.

Tagline: Putting the "F" back in Freedom. (more) Plot Outline: Marionette superheroes fight to end terrorism and put tired celebrities out of their misery.
Ref. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372588/

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2005 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Police World America Team

I think this movie taught me how important is to check the rating and reviews of movie before watching them. I watched the movie a couple of minutes and I thought it was a movie for kids because they were cute puppets but when they said the first bad word I thought I misunderstood and then I realized that they were actually cursing!. I was very uncomfortable and I think it is actually a way to bring children to consume these kind of things.

8th Nov, 2005 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Team America: World Police Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Wow. I am surprised that this movie is rated R. I remember the previews and would have thought it was a good family movie. This is one I probably wouldn't have checked the ratings. I always do for movies that aren't specifically targeting children because today most popular movies are rated R and I won't watch them.

I am glad you posted this or who knows, but that I might have rented this sometime to watch with my grandson!

8th Nov, 2005 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

I am glad you posted this or who knows, but that I might have rented this sometime to watch with my grandson!

Actually we sat down together to watch it with our son! and when we heard the words we immediately stopped it. I think we were lucky because our son's special needs he was not able to understand anything (he mostly catches a few words and likes to see puppets in general) but definetly is something to be concerned about, they are making previews movies to make you think one thing and is another!. *shaking head*

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 8th Nov, 2005 - 11:51pm

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2006 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sure, it had been a distasteful movie, but- all things can be moderated as distasteful.

I will say: I enjoyed the movies humorous conflicts and antics, however, I will not disagree with some of the more appalling subjects, as for the ratings and point of views people had, well- Ratings should always come before assumptions are made, then again I"m sure some people will and could falter these words for whatever reasons and excuses.

There is a point behind the movie, I do believe or- thought so myself. It's America at it's worst: in a way, it's peoples criticism. America often gets criticized at invading other peoples business, regardless if they wish it or not, for whatever reasons. There is a possibility I am wrong, hey- It's a learning experience. Whatever the message had been I"m almost sure it was drowned out in the earlier stated antics.

> TOPIC: Team America: World Police

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,