Pat Morita

Pat Morita - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 26th Nov, 2005 - 11:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Karate Kids - Mr. Miyagi
25th Nov, 2005 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Pat Morita

This is sad news. He was a great actor and started acting when he was 30 years old.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Actor Pat Morita, whose portrayal of the wise and dry-witted Mr. Miyagi in "The Karate Kid" earned him an Oscar nomination, has died. He was 73.

Morita died Thursday at his home in Las Vegas of natural causes, said his wife of 12 years, Evelyn. She said in a statement that her husband, who first rose to fame with a role on "Happy Days," had "dedicated his entire life to acting and comedy."

In 1984, he appeared in the role that would define his career and spawn countless affectionate imitations. As Kesuke Miyagi, the mentor to Ralph Macchio's "Daniel-san," he taught karate while trying to catch flies with chopsticks and offering such advice as "wax on, wax off" to guide Daniel through chores to improve his skills.

Morita said in a 1986 interview with The Associated Press he was billed as Noriyuki "Pat" Morita in the film because producer Jerry Weintraub wanted him to sound more ethnic. He said he used the billing because it was "the only name my parents gave me...

https://edition.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies...a.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Nov, 2005 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Pat Morita
A Friend

Morita Pat

Aw, that is sad. He was a great actor, and just had this natural calm and compassione on the screen. He had a good, long life and definately left his mark on the movie world. He set a very high bar for that genre of movie, and nobody can replace his character.

26th Nov, 2005 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Pat Morita Sports & Fashion Music Movies

That's pretty upsetting I thought he was a wonderful actor. Although karate kid was not his only films. Just like on happy days he also acted for the outer limits as well. All of his movies I have seen him in were all great. I would send his wife my condolences for such a great husband.

> TOPIC: Pat Morita

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,