Internet Explorer 7

Internet Explorer 7 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 31st May, 2006 - 2:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2005 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Internet Explorer 7

Internet Explorer 7

Internet Explorer finally receives an overhaul that helps it match its rivals' features--but Firefox and Opera aren't standing still.
Ref. https://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,...b112805x,00.asp

Sponsored Links:
29th Nov, 2005 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Explorer Internet

I have been waiting for a new version of IE to come out. I am very avid about IE, I have never cared for other browsers but a lot of it is I have always used IE. I guess it just looks better to me. Not really sure. Haven't used any of the others in a few years though. May have to check them out pretty soon.

29th Nov, 2005 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Internet Explorer 7 Gaming Video & Issues Computer

This just seems to be a copy cat of what more people are turning to: FireFox. I will never go with IE regardless to it coming out with version 7, 8, 9, or 10 simply because it is just prone to hack attacks and does not allow you the kind of control other browsers provide.

Offtopic but,
Bwren: I would seriously consider Firefox. See the reviews within this Board.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2006 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Explorer Internet

Internet Explorer 7 Available for Public Download

Microsoft's new IE 7 beta shows improved security, tabbed browsing.
Ref. pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,124542,tk,wbxnws,00.asp

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2006 - 9:01am / Post ID: #

Internet Explorer 7
A Friend

Explorer Internet

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 28-Nov 05, 9:35 PM)
This just seems to be a copy cat of what more people are turning to: FireFox. I will never go with IE regardless to it coming out with version 7, 8, 9, or 10 simply because it is just prone to hack attacks and does not allow you the kind of control other browsers provide.

My goodness, I got this downloaded last week, by accident, through automatic update. I got an email at my registered address saying a mistake was made, that some bugs still exist but that the final would be coming out soon. So I reserved judgement. I haven't fully tested it yet, in part because I use Firefox (tab browsing for a long time) and never use IE, but my wife does. My wife keeps complaining that she will be watching a flash graphic intensive page and the browser just closes for no reason. When I open it on Firefox, nothing happens. While I expect IE 7 will be more secure due to MS new emphasis on security, it looks like they tried to copy Firefox, but failed to put in all the cool extensions that are available to Firefox. IE is still just a wanna be in my book. Sorry MS, no dice!

If I find anymore bugs, I will post them here.

Offtopic but,

No really Bwren, you should try out Firefox for real! Its the best out their, and browsing is much better when its customized!
https://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

11th Feb, 2006 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Internet Explorer 7

I do have to comment on recent experience. I have been using firefox since JB recommended it to me a few months ago and have really enjoyed it. I have found that there are some of my web pages that I use on my companies intranet that will not load properly in Firefox so I am also forced to use IE for some instances. I did download IE 7 and have found a few bugs with active graphics and some java scripts not running properly. I have not had an instance of the browser closing on me but I have seen some really stupid things happen to rather simple web pages. I believe that IE 7 is a huge step for Microsoft in their attempt to move into the future with something improved to offer but they still have a lot of work to do to get there.

Offtopic but,
I will still give my stamp of approval of Firefox for now but as I said there are still some pages that I am forced to revert back to IE to view properly.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Apr, 2006 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Internet Explorer 7

Here is a 3rd beta version of Internet Explorer 7.

Microsoft rolls out browser fixes

Microsoft Corp. is releasing a new test version of Internet Explorer, the market-leading Web browser that is facing competition from smaller players.

The new beta, available Tuesday for free download to English-languages customers, includes fixes for problems that were causing Internet Explorer 7 to stop working, said Dean Hachamovitch, general manager in charge of Internet Explorer development.

https://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/04/2...r.ap/index.html

Is it me, or does Microsoft seem like they really care about this version of IE?

31st May, 2006 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Internet Explorer 7 Computer Issues & Video Gaming

As Google has already taken Microsoft to court over the restrictive search bar written into IE7 as it by default has no other options available to use other than MSN search I have discovered today an act by Google that I found useful. After installing IE7 if you go to google.com you will notice in the upper right hand corner of your screen that it does a browser check and notifies you that your new browser has the MSN search enabled and allows you to install the plug-in and change this to Google with a single click.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Internet Explorer 7

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,