Live Or Fake Tree? - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE (Tastanagee)Please excuse my ignorance, - Page 2 - Christmas - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2008 - 3:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2006 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

Live Or Fake Tree?
A Friend

Live Or Fake Tree? - Page 2

Growing up we would switch every year, I like real trees because you can take the needles that fall off and boil them and it puts the scent of Pine in your house. A most wonderful scent.

Now that I'm on my own, I prefer no tree. I have a little nativity scene that I set on top of my dresser and that is my christmas decoration.

Sponsored Links:
29th Nov, 2006 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Tree Fake Live

I know that this will totally sicken all the "real tree" lovers out there, but I have always loved the 1950's 100% aluminum Christmas Tree. Especially, with a musical rotating tree stand and your choice of blue or red ball type ornaments. I had searched garage sales for years with no success. I really think there is a market for these trees, because they sell almost immediately at a garage or yard sales. However, when I was working in a laboratory, there were some assistants that were working for me and couldn't believe it when I asked if they new where I could get a aluminum christmas tree and that I had been searching for about 5 years. The groans of "Why on earth would you want that" echoed frequently, but they actually called a local swap talk show on the radio and asked for me. To my shock, I was soon united with a fine 1956 Pom Pom Aluminum Tree for $10!

My wife has on countless occassions threatened to throw it out!

However, it is always a fun topic of discussion during the holiday season for visitors. To top it off...if any of you happen to have a 100% aluminum tree that is in good shape...you might want to give e-bay a look. They are now going for as high as $200USD.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 29th Nov, 2006 - 4:01am

29th Nov, 2006 - 9:01am / Post ID: #

Live Or Fake Tree? Christmas

When I was growing up, we never had a real tree either, so as a married couple with children, we have just carried that on and always had an artificial tree. My Grandma lived with us when I was growing up, and she used to have her own lounge for privacy, as well as joining us all in the family lounge, and incidentally she used to have an aluminum tree in her room. It really did look beautiful, as Vincenzo pointed out, with red ball ornaments on.Sadly, my Grandma is not here any more, and the family no longer has the tree, but it brings back happy memories.

I like the idea of a real tree, but I know at least 2 families that in the past have bought a real tree, and it had long been dead before Christmas, which to my mind spoils the whole idea a little. Maybe they were just unlucky with where they bought it from.. I don't really know, but it has put me off taking the chance. So, for at least now, I will be staying put with a trusted artificial tree! laugh.gif

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2008 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Live Or Fake Tree?
A Friend

Page 2 Tree Fake Live

I prefer a plastic tree. They are easy to set up and store. But most importantly, I like to leave the trees alive and in the forest, where they belong, to house the animals and clean the air.

22nd Dec, 2008 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Tree Fake Live

QUOTE (Tastanagee)
Please excuse my ignorance, but how much difference is there in decorating a live tree compared to decorating a fake one? I would like to try a real tree but I would like to know how hard is it to decorate, how difficult is the clean up and any other advice you could spare.

I think many over state live tree issues. The big thing is hang it upside down till you are ready to set it up just helps drive the sap to the needles.

Now if you have carpet this is the only thing that will cause it to be a huge pain as it will drop needles daily till you remove it. Also when removed it will shed like crazy. So put it in a huge bag before removal to help with that.

As far as decorating it there is no difference other then they are more prickly. The needles are harder then a fake tree.

Also ensure your tree stand is very sturdy and easy get water to the tree but to help it stay greener longer.

A real tree has far more character then any fake. I hate fakes as they are perfect in limb balance and ect. A real one you can be more creative as you get to cover its weaknesses.

I used to have real ones all the time till I developed and intolerance to then. I get chest congestion from it being in the house now. I really do miss them.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Live Or Fake Tree?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,