Don't Stop The Music - Party Attacks Cop

Don' T Stop Music Party Attacks Cop - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd May, 2013 - 4:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Noise Complaint
Post Date: 20th May, 2013 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Partygoers turn on cop after noise complaint

Four people were arrested after an alleged assault on a police officer attending a noise complaint at a Gisborne house party. Ref. Source 2

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2013 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Cop Attacks Party Music Stop Dont

These people attacked a police officer just because they were so desperate to keep the party go on? They must be crazy to do something like that! They should have just calm down and turn down or stop the music that's all. No need to angry at the officer and start assaulting him or her.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 240 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24%

Post Date: 22nd May, 2013 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Don't Stop The Music - Party Attacks Cop History & Civil Business Politics

I used to do that for a living and I will tell you that those are the most nerve-racking situations. I wasn't as suspicious or alert on routine patrols or interacting with vagrants as I was responding to any place where there were a lot of people and alcohol being served. That is a combination for instant insanity. I hated going into clubs or bars for any reason and especially for showing up at a house party. It can just all go wrong so quickly.

23rd May, 2013 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

A drunken mob is always unpredictable. Some time in jail will teach them how to control themselves better. I would like to spend a couple of words on their neighbor also, calling police twice at 11 o'clock on saturday night because of the noise (that was deemed as not excessive by the patrol that answered the first call). The time and day are perfectly normal for a party to be held. I mean, they were not shouting and listening to loud music at 3am of a working day. Let people live. Or maybe that person has such a sad life that can't accept that others might have fun?

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 6 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.6%

Post Date: 23rd May, 2013 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That is a good point Bruconero. There is something to be said about understanding that sometimes you may be inconvenienced by others in the normal course of life. You can't resort to involving police every time a person does something you don't like. A Saturday night party is not a big deal.

Also, if you have a problem with a neighbor (and it isn't violent or dangerous), you should talk to them about it like an adult instead of calling the police. Involving any type of authorities has a tendency to escalate the situation, even if only in the mind of the accused.

23rd May, 2013 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Some cops will actually tell you that rather than be confrontational with neighbors its better to call them.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 33 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd May, 2013 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Don't Stop Music Party Attacks Cop

That is true, Abelard.

Different departments will handle things differently depending on their relationship with the community and their staffing needs etc. One place I worked had a 2 hour backlog for violent crime on weekend nights. That means that, if a man was robbed and beaten, you might wait for 2 hours before police would arrive. In situations like that, police encourage people to deal with minor and non-violent complaints on their own.

My department always urged neighbors to talk to one another about any issues before calling us. It doesn't mean that one department or another is wrong, it is just a different method. Ours is 'community policing.'

23rd May, 2013 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Don't Stop Music Party Attacks Cop Politics Business Civil & History

As I see things, based also on the way order is managed in my country, petty things like a noisy party should be dealt by the neighborhood without annoying the police. Police should be involved only if something serious happens. Usually a phone call from a neighbor, something like "Sorry guys, I understand you are having fun, but my kid is sleeping. Could you lower the volume of the music a little bit?" Should be enough. Even better is using common sense. A party held at 11pm on Saturday night is perfectly normal. I bet that happened in a small village. In a city, the police would just answer: "Yes, sure. After our three murders, 4 robberies and six brawl calls, MAYBE, we will waste our time coming there"!

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 6 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.6%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Don't Stop The Music - Party Attacks Cop

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,