Anyone see Mars?

Anyone Mars - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 29th Oct, 2005 - 3:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2003 - 10:03am / Post ID: #

Anyone see Mars?
A Friend

Anyone see Mars?

Earth enjoying a Mars close encounter
Planetary approach is nearest in 60,000 years

Like cogs and gears on a colossal clock, Earth and Mars are synchronizing their orbits, bringing them closer to each other than any time in recorded history.

The alignment early Wednesday brought droves of earthlings out of their homes overnight to marvel at the glowing reddish point in the sky, for now the brightest nighttime object except the moon.

Mars, five times closer now than six months ago, is now 34.6 million miles away, its closest brush with Earth in about 60,000 years, according to calculations by international astronomers.

https://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/space/08/27/m...seup/index.html

Did anyone get to see Mars?  I couldn't see it. :'( It was partly cloudy last night and got up too late this morning to see I might be able to see it.  If you saw it, what did you think about it?

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2003 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

Mars Anyone

The alignment early Wednesday brought droves of earthlings out of their homes overnight to marvel at the glowing reddish point in the sky, for now the brightest nighttime object except the moon

I saw it last night, it looks just like Venus very early in the morning (a shinny 'star')...(now I wonder if anybody has seen Venus before?) It looks very shinny and redish. It was cool to see it ;D. Hey Mss, don't worry about it. You may be able to see it tonight ;D. It was cloudy here and I saw it anyway. Tonight, just take your time and look at the sky for a while and you will be able to see it. smile.gif Let us know. smile.gif

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2003 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Anyone see Mars?
A Friend

Anyone see Mars? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I wonder if anybody has seen Venus before?

I have seen Venus before.  ;D  But as for trying to see Mars tonight, the weather is pretty crunchy here right now.  (It's stormy and the weatherman predicts it will be like that off and on thru the night.)  But maybe, I'll try to get up when Shady gets up in the early morning.  I might be able to see it then.  ;)

14th Jan, 2004 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Mars Anyone

Hi I don't know if this complys as unusual but on the T, V, the other night they showed a salt crystal that was 200 million years old and inside the crystal there was a drop of trapped water. and then the scientist took a drill and drilled into it to extract the water droplet and then they took it and put it under a microscope and well there was life. it had been in suspended animation, and started life agin. and now the scientists are looking for salt crystals on mars they believe that there was water 200 million years ago there and so there might be salt crystals there. and if there are then they say we just might find the first life outside our own. the true martin.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2004 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Anyone see Mars?
A Friend

Mars Anyone

Wayned, I find this very interesting to hear about that. Now that would be cool if they did find some kind of crystals or possibly any kind of life there as well. I look to hear some of that kind of news anytime. I would like to think that there could have been life on other planets other than just Earth. wink.gif

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2004 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Anyone see Mars?
A Friend

Anyone see Mars?

I believe that life exists else where in the multiverse,but what you are implying is rediculous,you have nothing to support anything you mentioned,it sounds like tabloid t.v. to me.

The major thing I would question here is:what reason would anyone believe it came from mars?And how did a piece of salt make it through all the radiation of the atmosphere. And why have I still heard nothing else supporting any of this?It sounds like news of the millenium,which I would expect the front page of my "real"news paper to have.The truth is info like that can only be fake,something any gov. would attempt to cover up or conceal.Yet here it is on "some" show.

To answer the topic:Yes I saw mars when it was close,it was awesome.It's always been my fav. of the nine(ten?)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2005 - 9:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Anyone Mars

Here is another opportunity to see Mars, are you going to take a look?

Close Encounter

LOS ANGELES - Mars is ready for another close-up. For the second time in nearly 60,000 years, the Red Planet will swing unusually close to Earth this weekend, appearing as a yellow twinkle in the night sky.

Mars' latest rendezvous will not match its record-breaking approach to Earth in 2003, when it hovered from 35 million miles away. But more skygazers this time around can glimpse the fourth rock from the sun because it will glow above the horizon.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051028/ap_on_sc/mars_close_up

29th Oct, 2005 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Anyone Mars Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

After reading the post above, I found a couple of sky charts yesterday. Mars was absolutely wonderful last night.

What is interesting is that another planet is very bright right now. It is rather close to Orion, but slowly pulling ahead. I have been looking at it every morning. I think it is Saturn, and it is almost as bright as Mars is right now.

What a wonder it is to look at a clear, beautiful sky.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Anyone see Mars?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,