Intel New Logo - Page 2 of 2

I am always suspicious of name changes, especially - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 9th May, 2006 - 4:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Your thoughts
8th May, 2006 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

Intel New Logo - Page 2

Along with the new branding a complete new line of processors has emerged. Intel has now said goodbye to Pentium and embraced the name Core 2. This brings just an addition to the new look. I actually believe the new name for the processor line has been a long time coming as the Pentium trademark has really taken the focus off of the company name Intel. In my humble opinion of course.

Intel Says Goodbye To Pentium

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th May, 2006 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Intel New Logo
A Friend

Logo Intel

Pentium was a good house hold name, but its technology is soon to be obsolete with the onset of the dual core. The name served well, infact, maybe to well as many people only know it as a pentium, and don't know the Intel part. The new logo looks sleek, I like it, but then, I really don't question Intel's ability to market.

9th May, 2006 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

Intel New Logo Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I am always suspicious of name changes, especially in the IT Industry. Consumers tend to latch on to a name, to the point where the brand becomes a household name. When that is changed, the consensus is usually unfavorable for the company that is making the change. I have seen this first-hand with the OS I support. It's name has changed a few times since I started working with it, and each time we have had complaints about it. I always wondered why people got so worked up about a name change, but they do. As for Intel, the Core 2 name is just not as catchy, in my opinion, as Pentium was, but I guess it is something we will have to accept and live with.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Intel New Logo

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,