My Name Is... Anti-KFC campaign - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE (alskann @ 10-Jul 08, 12:51 - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Jul, 2008 - 10:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
KentuckyFriedCruelty.com
10th Jul, 2008 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

My Name Is... Anti-KFC campaign - Page 2

Interesting you all are focusing on the PETA organization as well as the methods they use and even calling the stuff weirdos, YET no words from you all about the videos on cruelty of animals for public consumption that can be easily found online. Hmmmm...or is it that those who laugh and torture these animals to death for you all to enjoy at your dinner table are not weirdos?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
10th Jul, 2008 - 6:17am / Post ID: #

campaign Anti-KFC Is My

I don't think anyone is saying that PETA does not have some valid points. What we have been saying is their methods are not the most effective way to get their points across. They would have more credibility if they were to present their case in a rational manner instead of in such extreme ways. I do not think what we have said about the way PETA activists choose to express themselves has anything to do with the information available online relating to the cruelty to animals. It is two separate issues as I see it.

As for the video mentioned, it sounds like an extreme isolated incident. Terribly inappropriate and cruel, if it is true. If it is not an isolated incident I would want to see the evidence and documentation before jumping to any conclusions or I would be as guilty of extremist grand standing as PETA. There is no excuse for animal cruelty but that does not give one the right to disregard human rights. That is what we are saying - show us the facts to back up the claims. Changing your name to a website does nothing to promote your cause it just makes you look less than credible. Throwing blood or paint on a person's property just because you believe differently than them does nothing to promote your cause, it just makes you look narrow minded and egocentric. Saving animals from a shelter then killing them to further your cause is the ultimate hypocrisy. Having no regard for human life is unconscionable.

https://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/sto...c-2053714.shtml

PETA isn't spending lots of money providing for animals. According to activistcash.com, which is a subsidiary of the Center for Consumer Freedom, PETA spends less than one percent of its multi-million dollar budget actually helping animals. Then the question that must be answered is: where is the money going?

Much of their money is spent on legal fees including those charged and convicted with domestic terrorism crimes. PETA donated thousands of dollars to individuals convicted of firebombing a fur cooperative, attempting to murder a medical executive and burning a university research lab.

"Our non-violent tactics are not as effective," PETA's co-founder and president, Ingrid Newkirk told U.S. News and World Report. "We ask nicely for years and get nothing. Someone makes a threat, and it works."

Beyond assisting individuals, PETA has admittedly donated money to a FBI recognized domestic terrorist organization, the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF). ELF is responsible for terrorist acts such, as the arson of an unfinished, 200-unit condominium complex near San Diego in 2003.

"We did it, we did it. We gave $1,500 to the ELF for a specific program," PETA's Lisa Lange admitted to Fox News Channel.

All of this monetary support for terrorism comes from PETA's tax-exempt bank roll created by donations of many animal lovers.

PETA has showed their support for acts of violence in other ways. They published a pamphlet, "Activism and the Law," which offers advice on "burning a laboratory building." The PETA leadership has also given public support to domestic terrorism.

"I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow," said Bruce Friedrich, PETA's vegan campaign coordinator, at the "Animal Rights 2001" conference.

At the core of PETA's philosophy lies an utter disrespect for the value of human life. In their minds, humans are no different than animals.

"There's no rational basis for saying that a human being has special rights," Newkirk said. "A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy."

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

10th Jul, 2008 - 10:31am / Post ID: #

My Name Is... Anti-KFC campaign History & Civil Business Politics

PETA has done some really odd things over its history and their ideas around euthanasia of just about all animals that are not in homes is pretty interesting for a group promoting ethics. Their killing of animals is OK, humane and ethical, but dont you do it because you dont do it right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

That is a pretty light history of the organization and some of their antics. I wouldnt call all of them wackos...but yeah...there are a few there at least!

Mr KENTUCKYFRIEDCRUELTY.COM does little more than provoke questions about his sanity and if he is a little too close to the animal kingdom for most of us. Actually, I hope Chris is never allowed to change his name back, he gets married, has children and has to name them. Do they go to kindergarten as KENTUCKYFRIEDCRUELTY II or KENTUCKYFRIEDCRUELTY Jr? Ohhh...the decisions we are left with when we are soooooo cool and stick one to the establishment.

MOM...can KENTUCKYFRIEDCRUELTY II come over to play in the back yard? Johnny, we are going out right now but KENTUCKYFRIEDCRUELTY II can come with us and we will stop at McDonalds. OH my...do you think McNuggets are ok? Will KFCKILLSCHICKENS II eat cows or chickens or does it matter as long as the Happy Meal Toy is included?

Bet you'll never hear that one very often!

The idiots torturing the chickens should be charged with animal cruelty and never allowed to hold jobs that deal with non-humans. I had the idea that maybe we could coat them in the "seven herbs and spices", throw them around a room and into scalding water but PETA would probably attack me for unethically treating animals.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 10th Jul, 2008 - 10:34am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2008 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

My Name Is... Anti-KFC campaign
A Friend

Page 2 campaign Anti-KFC Is My

I find the cruelty of animals to be disgusting but I find that PETA is going about it all wrong. They can achieve so more by spendingtheirr money on education and getting people to see the true cruelty of animals such as what workers were caught doing in a KFC factory. I think as people get a little wiser things will come together. PETA using their money to support terrorism is just a way for me to not listen to a thing they say. That is not the message I want my children to learn. I can teach my children not to be cruel to animals but I do not need to blow up or burn down a building to get my children to listen to me.

10th Jul, 2008 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

campaign Anti-KFC Is My

Like I said, the methods PETA use are debatable but none of you have told me yet if you would still eat meat knowing some animals are tortured to death, their death being slow and painful. Would you?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2008 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Would I still eat meat even if I knew some of it was tortured or beaten to death? I probably would stay away from that particular chain of food but I would still eat meat. I get most of my meat directly from a farm where the conditions are not like this. I enjoy eating my meat.

On the same note I do not eat chicken from KFC right now. I feel that as long as they are abusing animals they do not need my money. I think if enough people do this they will put a stop to that sort of treatment and make sure consumers know they have put a stop to it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jul, 2008 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

My Is... Anti-KFC campaign - Page 2

I'm pretty sure I mentioned in a previous post, maybe it was on another topic, that I still eat meat - in moderation. I try not to eat a lot of processed foods. Much of the meat we eat is either home raised or wild game. (Yes, we hunt and fish - this is Alaska) I have been known to boycott specific restaurants or food chains for various ethical reasons and will continue to do so as I see fit. I will pay more in the grocery store for meat that is labeled organic and/or free-range and cruelty free. But, no, at this point in my life I am not going vegetarian just because some animals in the food chain are treated inhumane. Instead, I will avoid those specific products and do my best to spread the information where I can have the most influence - being careful to have my facts straight and not come off like a crazed fanatic. I find it very interesting that most (not all) of the vegetarians I have known present as self-righteous with little regard for other's right to choose for themselves or even good manners at times. Their agenda comes before all else. Does little to make me want to follow in their footsteps.

That said, I truly believe that at some point in the future we will all be vegetarians. I think it is the order of things to come, but that is a discussion for a different topic. smile.gif

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

10th Jul, 2008 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

My Is... Anti-KFC campaign Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

QUOTE (alskann @ 10-Jul 08, 12:51 PM)
I find it very interesting that most (not all) of the vegetarians I have known present as self-righteous with little regard for other's right to choose for themselves or even good manners at times. Their agenda comes before all else. Does little to make me want to follow in their footsteps.

Interesting that you said that because to me is quite the opposite. I find now days Anti-Vegetarianism is a very common practice and vegetarians are accused of all sort of things including "self righteousness" as you have described.

In my opinion, people in general just feel uncomfortable around vegetarians and they are assuming they have a "holy than thou" attitude just because they refuse being part of the slaughtering of animals. I think people may feel a bit insecure or even guilty knowing they are devouring a t-bone steak and the guy who is dinning with them is eating a salad and when asked why they don't eat meat, the vegetarian replies they don't believe in killing animals for consumption...imagine the face of the guy with the t-bone steak after that answer.

In my opinion, everyone is entitled to eat what they want without labeling anyone as a freak just because does not meet our eating habits.

Having said that, let's take notice that the issue here is the cruelty towards animals and how little or nothing is done to stop this madness.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: My Name Is... Anti-KFC campaign

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,