They Are Alive... No They Are Not! - Page 2 of 2

I can not imagine how hard the blow would - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Aug, 2007 - 4:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Dealing with pain then hope then pain...
3rd May, 2006 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

They Are Alive... No They Are Not! - Page 2

Malexander, I agree with you completely. I am so, so sorry to the families for having that hope that wasn't there -- but, wouldn't you still have hope even if you'd been told that your loved one was among those lost in the mine? I personally would have to "see" with my own eyes before I would believe anything. I believe that's how trauma works, too. Numb, really until you can accept that it was real. I don't know how much hope the official really instilled in the families when they were probably holding out for it and wouldn't have lost it to begin with.

Sponsored Links:
17th Aug, 2007 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Not They Alive They

I can not imagine how hard the blow would be hearing only one was alive after being told all were found and alive. I think every one can understand the anger that would rise in ones heart, feelings of "your a liar" would rage as sorrow seeks an escape. In this case rage at all officials that could possibly been the one who released that false information.

Personally I would have likely vent fast, a vast heaviness in my heart which would have create a great fight in me to get drunk and hide from the news. My only salvation from an ill fate of harmful release of the pain and hate would be my children. Knowing I am their only rock to cling to would be my reason not to seek revenge immediately. Once the reality really set in. At some point the realization that the release of the good news was likely just some one who was hoping they all lived as much as I, and the healing and full comprehension of the accident would be sought. My first target once the family was settled would be why did the cave in happened and what oversight was made and is anyone (mining company included) that needs to be held legally responsible, or was it an act of nature that no one could foresee.

The main thing here to me is too many focused on the issue of who released the false information vs who messed up. This was caused by an emotional release of individuals that was fueled higher by the emotional charge of a large crowd.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: They Are Alive... No They Are Not!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,