Page 2

Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 5th Mar, 2006 - 10:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2006 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 2

Page 2

When looking at a Board, how likely are you to go to Page 2, 3, 4, etc. of the Board before selecting a topic? Do you only look for what is currently active or discussed? Do you understand our philosophy about 'No Post is Old'? (see here)

Sponsored Links:
7th Jan, 2006 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Page

I honestly am not likely to click on the upcoming pages without finding something to click on. I have however since I have started using Mozilla starting opening everything in a new tab so even after I click on several topics I will most of the time click on to the upcoming pages and search through those before actually replying to the topics that I have already selected. I do understand the philosophy of no post ever being old and completely agree with that. I am as guilty as many others about not spending as much time on the less active posts as I do on what is currently active. I need to and will attempt to do better in my habits about this.

21st Jan, 2006 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Feedback & FAQ News Community

Page 2 is important for me when Searching for a subject or looking for a specific theme. Sometimes the exact topic I want to find is not on the first page, but the 2nd or 3rd.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Page 2
A Friend

Page

I search all pages when looking for a specific subject. Ocassionally, I like to deliberately search through older posts to spark up the conversation again, especially if there are newer users on. No post is old in my opinion, just idle. Some subjects tend to wane in their interest for a period, then fire back up again when specific events happen. Some just never seem to get off the ground no matter what you do. But if you never go to the next page, you may never know what you wanted to talk about that is just around the page corner.

25th Feb, 2006 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Page

I usually browse through multiple pages when searching on a subject. A lot of times I have found interesting discussions that have been dormant for a while, and I'll try to start those back up again. I don't think you do a search justice by only looking at the first page of results.

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2006 - 7:03am / Post ID: #

Page 2
A Friend

Page 2

I love going to the older pages a bit more than the more frequent ones. With new topics, there are sometimes they get so active that it feels as if a post can get lost. It's neat to sometimes go back to a "dead" post and revive it. I also like finding posts that have very few replies to. When posts get so active and are moving so much, sometimes people don't necessarily read through them. They skim through it, and then supply their input. I know I, personally, am a lot more likely to read a post when there aren't 500 million replies and it isn't constantly recieving new posts.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Mar, 2006 - 10:16am / Post ID: #

Page 2

I check Hot Topics and do not go further than this. So I bump into old topics only if anybody revives them.
I do not browse for subjects because originally I came here because of RPG and not to discuss stuff because I have places for general discussion.

5th Mar, 2006 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Community News FAQ & Feedback

QUOTE (Klausse)
...not to discuss stuff because I have places for general discussion.

How can you know if there are not Topics of interest to you if you do not view other pages besides the Hot Topics. Viewing 'Hot Topics' is viewing what is of interest to others, while viewing Page 2, 3, and so on is looking for what interests you. However, based on your comment, you may want to send me an Email and let me know what these 'places' you use has that we do not, since everything under the Sun is covered here.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Page 2

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,