Doctors Sew Fingers To Torso

Doctors Sew Fingers Torso - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Mar, 2006 - 12:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2006 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

DOCTORS SEW FINGERS INTO TORSO

Darryl MitchelL feels squeamish when he looks down at his chest. The bony stubs of three fingers have been sewn just under the skin, attaching his injured hand to his torso.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3609440a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
20th Mar, 2006 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Torso Fingers Sew Doctors

It is truly amazing what advances have been made in science and technology. I had never heard of this procedure, but once I read through it, it actually makes sense. There was still bone left, so basically the surgeons needed a way to have the skin grow over it. My only question is why the torso? Is it because it is located in an area that is most natural for the hand to be sewn into without being uncomfortable? Or is the skin in that area better suited for this procedure?

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2006 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Doctors Sew Fingers To Torso Health & Special Psychology

I wondered the exact same question Male. But then another question occurred to me; where else could the sew it? If it was any place else it would be uncomfortable to lay down or even walk depending on where the put it.

This type of procedure completely makes sense, but I am surprised that I had not heard of it before. Using the body to heal the body is something that sounds right when you say it, but seeing it in action in this case sounds weird and foreign. But then, I'm sure every new procedure sounded the same way when it was first tried as well.

> TOPIC: Doctors Sew Fingers To Torso

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,