ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 15 of 66

I should get in the habit of checking all - Page 15 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Sep, 2015 - 11:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 66 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2015 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 15

Okay. Go ahead and make the Dying checks for me and let me know if I need to roll up a new character.

Sponsored Links:
    14th Sep, 2015 - 1:03am / Post ID: #
    Zork II
    Fighter Level 6
    Character
    Loner / Middle Front
    Character Sheet Lock
    Retired Retired

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

The Second says...

Does the sword give me +2 damage as well? Which die do I roll for damage with this sword?

14th Sep, 2015 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

It's the same as the longsword you currently have; a 1d8 damage die and +3 from your Strength (Not +2). If anything it is a little heavier than the sword you're used to.

If I were you, I would try to convince Mykael with reasonable arguments why these items should be put to use rather than stored. But I think you're just trying to provoke him smile.gif .

16th Sep, 2015 - 12:07am / Post ID: #
    Mykael Brewmor
    Fighter3 Paladin3
    Character
    Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
    Character Sheet Lock

Page 15 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Ignoble says...

Maybe there are a couple of different options we have on handling the dispute between Mykael and Zork. We could do a series of opposed rolls using appropriate skills (Ie. Diplomacy, intimidate, etc.) Or if you wanted to make it short and sweat just one opposed diplomacy roll. But there would need to be the understanding that though the winner may have won the debate I don't agree with any PvP social rolls being used to dictate how another player character feels, thinks, etc. (If anyone is familiar with Burning Wheel I like the way it handles PvP social conflict and could be a good reference here)

If Zork does want to square off using intimidate checks I probably shouldn't fight that since I have +8 on intimidate and I think his is only +1 so I have a fairly significant advantage there. However I'm not sure it would be good for one player's character to to be able to roll an intimidate check and effectively scare the other character into submission (In my opinion one player should never be able to roll dice to dictate another player character's response unless you're dealing with some form of magic) Otherwise I could probably use my intimidation skill to run roughshod over the entire party and basically force them to submit my character's will and that's really not much fun for anyone.

I think we need to RP the debate out, or roll opposed diplomacy checks to see who ultimately wins the debate (And role play that out as much as possible as well), or they can have "Trial by combat" So to speak and fight it out.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 16th Sep, 2015 - 12:08am

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2015 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

*shrug* I find the roleplaying interesting. If my character had the money he would probably just buy it from Zork in order to settle the dispute.

I agree we probably shouldn't roll to dictate each other... My Diplomacy is a +12 right now. It just wouldn't be fair biggrin.gif In the end, it's ICon's call how you all handle this. I'm just grabbing some popcorn and a drink.

16th Sep, 2015 - 2:58am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

I think I allowed a fair and quick resolution to this. Aeric, if you truly think Mykael won't budge on this topic it's up to you to allow the debate or not. You know how devoted your character is to Iomeade, keeping in mind that currently he worships a few gods.

With these single opposed rolls, I will describe a few points of argument and you can add your own, (Like you did just before my post).

You can always resolve the argument, then say your character is really angry at the result, and attack.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    16th Sep, 2015 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #
    Mykael Brewmor
    Fighter3 Paladin3
    Character
    Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
    Character Sheet Lock

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 15

Ignoble says...

It is true that he does honor pretty much the full pantheon of good aligned gods, but I was basically using the appearance of the armor and sword as a catalyst toward his more complete devotion to Iomede; from the moment he touched the armor and had the 'vision' of the goddess his faith began to focus more directly on Iomede which is why is particularly passionate about the sword and the armor.

I noticed that I forgot to roll several other damage rolls so I will include them here if that is ok (It won't let me post again in the other thread at this time). I will also include the Diplomacy roll in the event Zork does not attack and continues to debate. If Mykael loses the debate he will not be happy about it and will probably hold a bit of a grudge against Zork but ultimately he will move aside and allow Zork to have it

17th Sep, 2015 - 11:15am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 15

Game Master says...

I should get in the habit of checking all the threads before posting.

I couldn't see your rolls here so manually rolled for you, except diplomacy. I was pretty sure Mykael wouldn't back down, but I might have misread something you wrote. You could even stop attacking and let him have it even at this point in the fight.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.