ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 24 of 66

It's an option! Nothing stops - Page 24 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Sep, 2016 - 3:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 66 pgs.  20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2016 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 24

What to roll when attacking with an Improvised Weapon: 1d20 + BAB + ST Mod - 4.

In Example: Guiloh is a 5th level Fighter. His weapon has been sundered and in a fit of desperation he sweeps a helmet up off of the ground and attempts to attack his target with it. As a 5th level Fighter his BAB is +5. He has an 18 Strength. He would roll 1d20 + 5 + 4 - 4 to attack with the improvised weapon.

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 11th Jul, 2016 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

ICon, the Ultimate Campaign book has the cost of hiring teams on page 104. Were you planning on eventually using those rules? If so - do you want me to just pay those prices instead? It's quite a bit more, but they do allow you to earn revenue over time.

12th Jul, 2016 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

That could work, paying for a troop at the end of each week. Kesten is asking for an advance payment to bring them here, then their pay can be negotiated (Within reason). You may have to specify the quality of troops you want, preferably in character.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2016 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 24 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

I have a mechanics question. Let's say my mount has a move of 60. How much time would it take me to get to Restov? Would I get there faster than what you had written before? What if I were to hustle every other hour - would that make it so I only lost 1 temp HP each time I hustled, or does it still double if you break it up like that?

6th Sep, 2016 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Including the terrain modifiers, 12 miles of hills at 3 miles an hour will take 4 hours and 84 miles of plains and a road in hilly terrain at 4.5 mph takes 18.7 hours. A total of 22.7 hours - Just before the ceremony. If you hustle, you might even get there the night before!

Your first hour of hustling actually deals no damage, but for the following hours the rules suggest it still multiplies even if healed ("Between sleep cycles"). There's also the option to Forced March. Note that a mount's damage will be lethal rather than non-lethal.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2016 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sounds good! Thanks for the info. I won't be too worried about the mount's damage. I decided to take Phantom Steed, so the mount will actually be faster than the typical ones and replaceable.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    9th Sep, 2016 - 1:28am / Post ID: #
    Zork II
    Fighter Level 6
    Character
    Loner / Middle Front
    Character Sheet Lock
    Retired Retired

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 24

The Second says...

Icon, are there any benefits to taking on a relationship like you did in the other game?

Dogs like Grizzly, can I take on more of them? Suppose I wanted 6 dogs is there anything to say I can't other than being noisy and taking up room?

9th Sep, 2016 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 24

Game Master says...

It's an option! Nothing stops you from starting a family in the game. I will try to run such a relationship naturally, but I just a tiny bit of experience myself. When you know them long enough, I would be happy to hand over control of an NPC's actions over to a player.
    Or possibly take the Leadership feat, giving you a cohort. I play in person with someone whose character and cohort are married. The only problem is the Dungeon Master hasn't really focused on our backstories during the whole adventure.

You can, but they would become difficult to control individually. They would just go for whoever you target by default, and it takes a move action to command them to do something else (Either as a pack or a single dog).
    You also run the risk of a single area of effect wiping the whole lot out. You might want to look at more powerful animals as pets. I'll try to get Zork to meet with a trainer - probably in a few weeks in the game.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.