ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 31 of 66

Archival doesn't care if someone is - Page 31 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Dec, 2016 - 5:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 66 pgs.  27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

13th Dec, 2016 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 31

Game Master says...

Thomaslee, that's an interesting corner case, because Chosen One alters smite evil and your Oath replaces it. But Starting at 6th level, there is no discernible difference, so I'll allow it.
    I question the decision to lose Divine Bond in what can be a mostly outdoors campaign. While you can buy a horse, a bonded mount will be stronger - despite losing Ride and Handle Animal in your oath (Which can be regained with traits).
    Also, Sarenrae isn't one of the major gods in the region, so will you be from a small cult or from afar? Where exactly? Please move further discussion to the Character topic.

Aeric, that's fine, I feel partly at fault for not posting often. Just RP what Mykael would be doing running a tent city - the lawmaking was good!

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 15th Dec, 2016 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

To indirectly answer some of Icon's queries,
    -We have not settled on a name yet. Others may be thinking about it, but I asked about it before to no response.
    -Even if it is less than ideal from a gamist point of view, I'd be inclined to spread construction times out for a little more realism. Perhaps a month per 5 BP of cost? That is more bookkeeping to handle though, and there is plenty of that going on as things stand.
    -Nope, not L7 yet. I figure I'm due another major xp boost though for saving Theaton's head from the tree Jesla called a practice sword. Amiright? biggrin.gif.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Dec, 2016 - 3:18pm

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Odd - I must have overlooked your inquiry about the name. I have brought it up in game for us to discuss now though. Sorry about that!

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 31 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

I think Andor, Cairhien, Illian, or Arafel would be great. Sorry, I'm a little biased towards the greatest fantasy series ever written *smile* Freehold could be okay. It could be named after one of the founders. Sorry I'm not more help. I'm terrible with names for D & D or Pathfinder. It takes me longer to find a name I like for my character than the rest of the character generation combined. sad.gif.

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

I think Freehold would make an excellent city name! There's actually a nation known as Andoran already, so Andor might be a tad too close.

Here are the notable sites in the Stolen Lands (According to the Pathfinder Wiki): Candlemere, Dunsward, Glenebon, Hooktongue Slough, the Kamelands, Lake Hooktongue, Lake Silverstep, Mount Branthlend, the Narlmarches, Orthult, Rushlight, Thousand Voices, Tors of Levenies, and the Tuskwater.

The first settlement is actually in the Kamelands right on the border of the Narlmarches. Maybe we should use a name that relates to one or both of those? Kamebria (A nod to Cumbria)? Kameland? Narland?

I'm a fan of anagrams, so maybe combine Narl and Kame? Kalamern, Narlkame, Narkalme, Kaernalm, Arkleman?

16th Dec, 2016 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #
    Mykael Brewmor
    Fighter3 Paladin3
    Character
    Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
    Character Sheet Lock

Ignoble says...

I like Freehold as well, but Kalamern has a good unique ring to it. Either of those names would be good in my opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    16th Dec, 2016 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 31

The Diplomat says...

Since it seems like this may be the best place to ask this, to confirm whether or not my character concept might fit here, here goes.
    -

I want my character Kyra, to have a fair focus on using her high skill in Diplomacy to redeem others and talk her way out of combat. More, as the campaign continues on and she goes up in level, I do plan of this concept going so far as the young women trying to redeem those others might consider irredeemable.

Those of simply evil alignment, orcs, goblins, drow… all the way to intelligent undead, demons, and devils in admittedly much more rare cases.

Yes, I go into this knowing that she will not be able to redeem every evil she faces. More, even that in most cases it trying could cost Kyra her life. Not everyone can be reasoned with, and many that are evil may not even be willing to hear the young paladin out.
    -

Still, if the Dungeon Master and the other players are okay with it, I do want to see how far I can take this concept. I want to see if it is I can actually have Kyra accomplish what many might consider impossible, preferably with great roleplaying.

Kyra to not only be the Diplomat, Chosen of Sarenrae, but also the Redeemer of the Irredeemable and the Advocate of Absolved.

Could such a concept work here, or would it be completely out of place?

Of note, such would not need to be a focus, though making how I play such an idea could be useful in allowing for Kyra to potentially make for interesting and unexpected allies that can aid her in the future and in whatever needs to be accomplished.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 16th Dec, 2016 - 5:08pm

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 31

Archival doesn't care if someone is evil or good - merely that they don't purposely cause harm to others. He'd have no qualms with someone trying to talk another out of their current course of action - because he started off doing the same thing - it caused him to break out in arrows in-game biggrin.gif

He was also a NG follower of Sarenrae. I've been slowly moving him toward an alignment shift though so he's now LN and has decided to convert to Abadar due to his growth as an individual and slight change in philosophy.

The group aren't murder hobos either, so that helps. That being said, some other characters might present obstacles for you to enjoy roleplaying.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 16th Dec, 2016 - 5:15pm

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.