ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 32 of 66

Thomaslee, Kyra looks really interesting. - Page 32 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Dec, 2016 - 2:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 66 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

16th Dec, 2016 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #
    Mykael Brewmor
    Fighter3 Paladin3
    Character
    Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
    Character Sheet Lock
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 32

Ignoble says...

I think the character concept for Kyra would fit in nicely with the group overall. Mykael is a paladin of Iomadae and believes strongly in justice but he also firmly believes that an important part of justice is mercy and the possibility for rehabilitation. There may be some conflict in ideals in that Mykael also believes that proper penance and true contrition are necessary components of absolution and he probably won't give too many chances for this to occur before he decides that its not likely to happen so where Kyra may want to continue working to rehabilitate someone over a long period of time, Mykael will probably have less tolerance.

Taking Akiros as an example, Mykael is willing to give him the opportunity at redemption, but he is not making any assumptions in this area and will want to keep a close eye on the former bandit leader which is why he opposes giving Akiros any leadership role at this point. Akiros' sentence is death for his crimes, but the sentence has been deferred. If Akiros crosses the line in any significant way Mykael will ensure that the sentence is carried out whereas Kyra may want to continue efforts at rehabilitation/redemption. So I can see some potential conflict in these types of situations. Of course to me that generates good role playing opportunities.

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

If Kyra were in the game already, she'd likely be a shoe-in for Grand Diplomat and we could have Akiros doing other, non-leadership role, things. I'm fairly certain Mykael could convince Archival to back the change. It would be nice to not have the vacancy penalty too. As far as I'm concerned, PC's should have leadership roles ahead of NPC's.

16th Dec, 2016 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Diplomat says...

Thanks for all the encouraging posts, I was a little worried of whether or not she'd fit in with the group was still allowing for some interesting roleplay possibilities. A bit of disagreement, a divergence of ideals and beliefs, but not so much it makes Kyra incompatible with the party and the characters.

You have all also giving me a few ideas of what to expect and in consideration of how things may go with Kyra, so thank you for that. I'm hearten that this could actually be a lot of fun, so I'm definitely looking forward to being able to jump in at some point.

I admit Diarmadhim, your post has me expecially intrigued. Maybe something can be worked out that Kyra is this 'Grand Diplomat'? It would offer an interesting excuse on how to include her.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 16th Dec, 2016 - 7:08pm

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2016 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 32 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

And that makes 4 Charisma based casters in the game. , this is going to be a very talkative nation. tongue.gif See Icon, this is why I was asking after ways to make Kresnik cast stuff from Wisdom.

In any case, it seems some explanations are in order. Using the rules for kingdom building, there are leadership roles that need to be filled. The leaders grant bonuses based on their ability, and there are penalties if the position goes vacant.

For example, my character Kresnik is filling the role of Magister, he is essentially in charge of higher learning in the kingdom, and he adds his Charisma bonus to the Kingdom's economy score because of his efforts there. (With an extra +1 tacked on there from his ranks in Know Arcana)

The grand diplomat position would mainly put Kyra in the role of negotiating with other nations and coordinating ambassadors to the same. It would let us add her Charisma bonus to the kingdom's stability score, with bonuses from her training in diplomacy.

It is a little tough to just say that Kyra shows up as the Grand Diplomat, as the PCs you're being introduced to now are the characters in charge of appointing people to the position.

You already have an established reason to come to this budding kingdom, even if Kyra doesn't understand why. Find one to approach the barons in charge of the place and introduce yourself. (Less problematic than it might sound, as they're currently barons of a city composed of tents) Let things progress from there.

16th Dec, 2016 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

Hmm, I think this is a good time to take a look at the Kingmaker Player's Guide, so I can start having a better idea on how this all works.

It won't effect my character, at least at first, as I like playing off the idea of her being a bit clueless on why she is in Brevoy, but have what I learn from the Kingmaker Player's Guide apply for to her embassy familiar at first so as to have Akil guide her in the right direction.

What you suggest could work, her coming upon the the city made mostly of tents at this point and finding one of these barons which I assume are you character? However it works out, I am sure the Dungeon Master will have it all planned out

No need to force or rush things, and perhaps it will work itself out that Kyra has the opportunity to show offer her skill in diplomacy so as to catch the attention of your characters. Probably won't take too long, particularly with a bit of meddling from a certain cat.

Also, for all those wondering. Since technically as a "Mere" cat he can't talk, and Akil won't be able say anything until he reveals his true form as an improved familiar, I have it worked out in my head that he communicates non-verbally and by way of using his claw to write what he wants to say to Kyra.

What are your thoughts on the second part of that idea? Too much of a stretch or given what he is not too out of hand?
    ---

Edit: Hmm, a little disappointed the Kingmaker Player's Guide is only 15 pages. Oh well, it is a start. Works well enough for myself anyway.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 17th Dec, 2016 - 1:11am

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2016 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

To be a little more specific, and give some history:

Aericsteele, Kntoran, and Diarmadhim (Playing Mykael, Theaton, and Archival respectively), are the remaining heroes of the previous phase of the campaign. For their efforts, they were named barons (There was a fourth named as such, but he retired). Of those, Archival is the de facto ruler of the nation as a whole, but major decisions are being made collectively among the community leaders, including several NPCs, myself, Kyrroeth (Who is playing Jesla, who fills the leader role of Enforcer), and presumably you, assuming all goes well.

As for Akil, cats are certainly dexterous enough to pull that off given the intelligence to do so, but I suspect such communication would be slow and crude in that form.

Also, if the point is to hide what she is, won't someone eventually notice this cat knows how to write common and isn't just pawing randomly?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    17th Dec, 2016 - 1:21am / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 32

The Diplomat says...

Thanks for the brief history lesson, it is appreciated Daishain. Onto your question involving Aril, the idea is that he would try to keep his ability to write private from others or at least private enough. Once Kyra is able to establish herself and the other players' character trust her he may well at least let them see him do.

Admittedly, I do hope 7th level does not take too long. Will trying to keep thingsā€¦ wait, I just double checked the details on a wizard's familiar and that by 5th level "A familiar and their master can communicate verbally as if they were using a common language. Other creatures do not understand the communication without magical help."

Well, this feels a bit embarrassing. Well I guess Aril could have previously employed such methods and might do so when speaking those other then Kyra before 7th level.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 17th Dec, 2016 - 1:22am

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2016 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 32

Thomaslee, Kyra looks really interesting. Jesla will probably disagree with her about rehabilitation of evildoers. She doesn't believe in second chances too much. It will make for some good roleplaying. You had mentioned in your character history about traveling through Numeria. Jesla is a Kellid from Numeria. Looking forward to Kyra joining our party. Just remember if Jesla says something rude it's what I feel would be in character for her. Don't take it personally. I hope this party has enough healing *smile* It's good for Jesla. She will take a lot of damage.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Dec, 2016 - 2:56am

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.