ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 37 of 66

That's amazing for MS Paint! - Page 37 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jan, 2017 - 1:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 66 pgs.  33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

25th Jan, 2017 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 37

The Diplomat says...

Do I still have time to make some edits to my post? As has happened before, I was in a bit of a rush yet again but now I have the time as I was let off earlier. Also, I seem to have possible made at least one incorrect roll so I may have to reroll, though we can take a dirrect route if you feel it best.

Sighs, honestly I am ready to have them run if it is for the best and I suspect now you had originally intended for them to do so I just didn't realize what we were facing and though maybe it wasn't something evil. I admit, it was just my luck Kyra didn't know the language of Giants as possibly that could have made a difference.

Yes, I know, generally the most common monsters thrown at players are evil monsters, to better justify killing them, but I had though that with Kyra's high Diplomacy she might at least calm any aggressive intentions by the trolls. Yet one realizing that they were trolls, yes I can understand why that didn't happen.

I made a mistake and can learn from it, I just worry that if we continue the battle everyone might die.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Jan, 2017 - 11:26pm

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 26th Jan, 2017 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Query, Kresnik's hover ability essentially lets him walk on liquids. How well would that work in crossing this fast flowing river?

Not planning on doing so unless there's no response to the bell, and Jesla would otherwise be crossing on her own.

26th Jan, 2017 - 12:22am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

You did nothing wrong, no need to apologise so profusely. If I had a paladin I would also state my terms before any engagement.

What is difficult for me though is that you've rolled a few things without stating your actions in the post. I have to assume you're doing a cone attack first round, then a weapon attack with a weapon you don't actually have? The cone would hit all 3, but the weapon is going for the most damaged one?

When it's a Specific Action: such as that, you can use the shortcut of typing S A (No space in between) so it's clearly game mechanics.

I take it that you're keeping the third use of firebelly for later? You do realise you get 2 spells a day? And you actually get more options when facing evil creatures as a paladin?

If you could also roll me lay on hands and lay on paws rolls as well. As many as you're willing to expend, noting that the horse is only at -7 HP.

EDIT for Daishin: You'd actually be a bit above the water. Levitating wouldn't be affected by the motion of the liquid, but would be affected by wind, which is gentle today.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 26th Jan, 2017 - 12:27am

26th Jan, 2017 - 12:32am / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base

Page 37 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

Thanks, I will start making use of the Specific Action so that there is less confusion in such. I had actually completely forgotten there was such on this site as I don't remember seeing members in the other roleplays I am a part of using such.

Hmm, I may need to make a complete rewrite at least to a degree. I didn't realize Kyra's horse was so bad off. In such I may have her make at least a small retreat to both heal herself and her horse can be attended to. Perhaps simply making sure the horse is stable.

Still, maybe I should simply wait to post when I know I have the time to better consider the details and consider my actions. As I do feel that is what is causing the most issue is not actually double checking Kyra's character sheet as well checking to see what her horses hit points were… and using a spell that she wouldn't have access to.

Sighs, I will go about starting the edits. Let me know what rolls I need to make and I will do so here.
    ---------

Updated!

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Jan, 2017 - 1:18am

26th Jan, 2017 - 1:38am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Right, so where did the morningstar even come from? I'm just going to assume you're muddling the words scimitar and morningstar (Same number of syllables, similar sounds used).

Share Spells, while it sounds like it should work that way, doesn't. It just allows personal spells to affect your familiar instead. Eg. Compel Hostility could be cast on Akil instead. Deliver Touch Spells is similar to what you would want, but is only for touch spells.

Finally, on movement, you can try to roll Acrobatics under each of your opponents' CMD to move without provoking, or take a 5-foot-step as a free action when not making other movements (But you can still perform move equivalent actions). There is also the Withdraw action, but it takes a full round.

Please roll in this topic:
    Fire Cone damage
    Lay on Hands (Swift action - you can do this and the cone at the same time, roll as amny times as you're casting it)
    Lay on Paws
    (Acrobatics if taking move actions)

If you want to slow things to 1 round at a time, I'll be happy to oblige.
    If you feel like I'm being a pretentious perfectionist, just shout.

26th Jan, 2017 - 1:44am / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base

The Diplomat says...

Sighs, yes I meant scimitar. The morningstars been my go-to weapon so many roleplays, counting to hear, so I was getting that confused. I'll hurry and change that.

Gah, always something. Perhaps today is simply not the best of days, I should be able to get back into the groove of things. Give me a moment.

Also, I edited out the detail involving shared spells because Akil doesn't have access to that because of the archetype he has.

Edit: Okay, I accidentally posted the rolls before I was finished with them. Still, I got it all the rolls you ask for, hopefully Akil able to make it from the tree onto the horse even if he falls off soon after. The important detail of that maneuver was simply to make sure that he wasn't under foot of the horse when trying to heal it.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Jan, 2017 - 2:00am

Kyra Results:
    • Attack (cone, fire) on D20 (+0): 3 (1 roll)
    • Lay of Hands (self) x2 on D6 (+0): 6, 5, 5, 6, 4, 6 (6 rolls)
    • Climb (Akil) on D20 (+6): 15 (1 rolls)
    • Acrobatics on D20 (+0): 6 (1 rolls)
    • Lay of Paws (horse) on D6 (+0): 5, 3 (2 rolls)
    • Sea on D20 (+0): 5 (1 roll)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 26th Jan, 2017 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 37

ICon, I updated the home base. Go ahead and check it out to see if it's acceptable now. I got rid of the "Product Identity" stuff and made similar buildings in Paint. They're original works based on the Product Identity materials. They look terrible - but it's better than the free program junk I was looking at. I couldn't figure Gimp out to save my life!

27th Jan, 2017 - 1:06am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 37

Game Master says...

That's amazing for MS Paint! Simple, distinguishable, etc.

The advantage to Gimp is that it's like an onion - it has layers. You can put the individual buildings on the layers, make them visible or not, move them around, and just copy the layer when you want another building.

However, since we're taking a grid approach, MS Paint should do that fine.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.