ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 55 of 66

Icon, I switched the latest gem upgrade from - Page 55 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Mar, 2017 - 5:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 66 pgs.  51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2017 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
    A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question - Page 55

I'm not familiar with it, but Ultimate Charisma sounds like it would be an excellent addition to the game. Especially this game. As powerful and useful as it is, I have always found the Leadership feat to be an unsatisfying answer to the question of being able to inspire and lead others.

Sponsored Links:
    11th Mar, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

As I mentioned before, I am willing to gift a copy of the PDF to at least the Dungeon Master by way of DriveThruRPG. That is just how good of a resource I think it is, and how useful it would be.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Mar, 2017 - 3:36pm

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2017 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Given the sale, the fact that it looks like this is the direction we're going, and my interest in using such for other games, I've just purchased a copy of UC for my own use. I'll be going over it at time permits.

Edit: Okay then, first query, concerning max cohort level. The leadership feat limits the level of cohorts to character level minus two. But I can't find a similar limitation in UC. With his high Charisma, Kresnik would qualify for a 7th level cohort. That is without any positive leadership modifiers, some of which I think Kresnik would qualify for, if Icon approves any of those, the max cohort level gets even further ahead of Kresnik's. Having a cohort noticeably more powerful than oneself doesn't seem quite right as a general rule.

Now, generally speaking, I'd prefer to use these rules to establish an organization rather than just have more adventuring buddies, making multiple lower level cohorts a more likely choice than a single quite powerful one. (Kresnik would also qualify for 2 L3 and 1 L2 cohorts for instance)

In any case, looking for feedback on how people would like to handle this.

Edit the 2nd: never mind, max cohort level is indeed 2 less than character level. They just hid that detail further into the document.

Edit the 3rd: Monstrous cohorts appear to be an option. I was less than enthusiastic about the idea, until I realized I could effectively gain a pseudodragon familiar that way. If multiple cohorts are allowable, would it be kosher to have a Pdragon that follows K on his adventures, and one or two humanoid cohorts that typically do not unless there is particular need? I probably would not be trying to advance the Pdragon in level. It wouldn't have the stats for a caster class, or the physical features needed for the others anyways.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Mar, 2017 - 5:26pm

12th Mar, 2017 - 2:49am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Page 55 Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Diramadhim, were you interested in the idea I mentioned of a feat or trait that grants the ability to make money with a skill?

I already bought Ultimate Charisma on Paizo, 5 days before GM's day and the sale on DriveThruRPG.

I won't require everyone to buy the book. Just mention the sort of leadership style you use, what you want to be (In)famous for, the kind of companions you want, or pick from the myriad options you will come across. Then I, with help from everyone else, can pick a perk for you while avoiding content that is not in the Open Gaming License. I'm willing to create additional content, just like:

Daishain I would allow a Pseudodragon, but note that Kresnik would have seen Theaton is friendly with a Faerie Dragon. It would be far easier to make friends with and recruit a local creature like him. Because it's slightly stronger, I would give it an 'effective cohort level' of 4. If you do take it, because it has innate sorcerer casting, the first sorcerer level it takes will also increase its effective cohort level from 4 to 5. Is that fair?

So, it looks like we have some interest in using Ultimate Charisma. 3/7 voting for, one more and we've got majority.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 12th Mar, 2017 - 2:52am

12th Mar, 2017 - 4:14am / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

Thanks, I will check my copy of Ultimate Charisma.

Honestly, since I see possibly greater benefit with such, I may ask consideration of Akil becoming a cohort instead of continuing with him as simply a improved familiar as in such he may have stronger use. This, after he has revealed his true form. Still, I will consider other areas for leadership and fame using the book as well any perks I feel might fit when it comes to Kyra and Ultimate Charisma.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Mar, 2017 - 4:15am

Post Date: 12th Mar, 2017 - 5:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I picked up Ultimate Charisma, so add me to the "For" vote. I'm not really interested in spending a feat to do something it appears one should already be able to do smile.gif Maybe I didn't catch the full meaning you were conveying though. Can you write the feat up so I can make a more informed decision?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    12th Mar, 2017 - 5:51am / Post ID: #
    Kyra
    OathB Chosen One lvl 6
    Character
    Follower / Center
    Character Sheet Lock
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question - Page 55

The Diplomat says...

The feat in question is one that many feel is unbalanced or even broken, to the point where many Game Masters ban it and I believe even Pathfinder Sociaty does not allow the feat.

The Leadership feat is also at the very least considered clunky by many or even most, so there is that.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Mar, 2017 - 6:07am

Post Date: 12th Mar, 2017 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 55

Icon, I switched the latest gem upgrade from wisdom to charisma as you mentioned I could. It seems that charisma is a little more important now than usual. I don't want to get left out of the cohort race. Jesla has a mercenary company to build after all.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Mar, 2017 - 6:15am

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.