ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 16 of 105

NKtoran The girls giggle as you leave, and - Page 16 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Sep, 2013 - 4:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 105 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2013 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 16

Theaton takes the seat offered and listens to the guys speech. He will calmly sip his ale as he ponders the job offer. HE will look at the buy and ask how much does this job pay? Plus I will need to restock my arrows before we depart. Plus another night here in the inn will help me rest up before I am ready. Is my employer willing to pay for the room?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Sep, 2013 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Out of Character: :

Hustle Hour 1: 1 Damage Shivas & Brute
Healing Channel positive energy 4

Hustle Hour 2: 2 Damage Shivas & Brute

Hustle Hour 3: 4 Damage Shivas & Brute
Healing Channel positive energy 5

Hustle Hour 4: 8 Damage Shivas & Brute
Cure light wounds on Brute 7+1=8
(Shivas remains with 4 damage)

Hour 5: No hustle, no damage taken. Stop to rest and eat.

Hour 6: Regular pace through hour 8. No damage taken?

Shivas will look for somewhere to camp for the night.
(Shivas remains with 4 damage)

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2013 - 8:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Maerrun thinks briefly before deciding of his creative plan to gain power in this town,
"I will rise to power through fame, I could possibly make a guild, one that will either be infamous or famous, depending on the situation and the peoples thoughts, but the main goal will be to 'be the eyes and ears' of the town. What do you think father?"
Maerrun looks expectantly at his father, waiting for his input.

Reconcile Edited: dracthul on 3rd Sep, 2013 - 8:41am

3rd Sep, 2013 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 16 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Canabusis

Oleg and Svetlana both assist taking off Shivas' armour. Svetlana agrees with her saying, "Yes, I thought 7 days food may be too heavy. More should be readily available at any town." She returns your hug, saying, "We will see you in a few days. Godspeed."

In her third hour of riding, Shivas sees the now familiar sight of Rogarstan and rapidly approaches. The townsfolk seem to be preparing for an attack, but as soon as they recognize the rider, they part to let her through. Brute simply tears through the town kicking up mud, splattering the buildings.

As the sun sits low in the sky, both very tired, Shivas leads Brute looking around for a place to rest. In this area area are sparse farmhouses, the snow has melted to reveal mud and patches of withered plants. You recognize the farmhouse you stayed in before, this suggests excellent progress and you estimate you covered up to 60 miles, taking shortcuts wherever possible.

Helg, Natalya and Romir greet you again and let you stay again, giving you and the horse food, and only asking a meager 2 silver. Romir asks "Will this be happening often?" And is quickly hushed by Natalya, "Shush, don't be rude, boy. An unexpected guest is always welcome here." She turns to you, smiling.

Overnight your muscles get the rest they need and in the morning they are a little sore, but a few stretches later and Shivas feels wide awake.

Out of Character: I found a paragraph that states nonlethal damage heals one per hour. But that doesn't apply to Brute, since mounts take lethal damage when they exert themselves. So Shivas has no damage taken in the morning. Also, the fifth hour I had you travelling instead, since it is assumed in your off-time you have rests and lunch.

Euphoria

Inside this temple is the low din of quiet conversations as merchants and officials converse with each other and with the well dressed priests. To the left is a section of the church that seems to be acting as a bank and the clinking of coins can be heard as a few merchants are attended by priests writing and counting.

Aliora spots a priest finish a conversation and introduces herself. He stares at her third eye as he listens and responds with a practiced tone, but still uneasy, "Welcome to Abadar's temple, Aliora. I am brother Raymin. I have never head of this monastery, but we are willing to accept people in financial troubles here. Exploring the world is difficult without the gold to travel. Hmm, that reminds me of something but I can't quite place it. I - I am simply distracted by your third eye, sorry. Please follow me and say what you will about it."

KNtoran

"The job is ongoing," He replies, "The first portion is expected to take a month. For exploring the area, what I heard, is much land will be split between the explorers. I don't know the details, but I heard there are 5 going with you. Also looting rights to anything you come across, and the many large bounties I mentioned before.

"It is best if you follow me to the Chief Surveyor, it's him the charter came from. I believe you will have the time to stay and stock up, and if you agree, I'm sure the city's coffers will spare for your night here. It would be best to go now, who knows how long the wait is in his office."

Dracthul

"I'm glad you're thinking right, son," He replies. "Think of this as your final test. This time, I will see how well your decisions work without my input. Before, I have been there to guide you, now let's unchain your lead. So I will not tell you what I think, just go and do."

He presents the letter with his palm, inviting you to take it, then points to the door. "Best tidings, I will be seeing you." He embraces you over his desk, patting you on the back. "Your mother should be in the entrance hall." He gets back to doing his paperwork and calculations before you even leave.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2013 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton agrees to go with tis guy to talk to the other man. HE will stand up and smile at the girls telling them he will see them after a bit. He will follow the guy to the chief surveyors office. There he will hopefully find out a lot more about what the job requires and how soon it is to start.

3rd Sep, 2013 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Shivas rises early and gives Natalya, Helg, and Romir a whole gold piece for their troubles, thinking that it may win their loyalties. "I may stop by again on my way back, if it is no trouble to you?" Shivas prepares her spells and eats before she takes to the road again in a hurry. Hoping perhaps that she will make it to Gallian this evening considering she made it so far the previous day.

Out of Character:

Hustle Hour 1: 1 Damage Shivas & Brute
Healing Channel positive energy 1

Hustle Hour 2: 2 Damage Shivas & Brute
Healing Channel positive energy 2

Hustle Hour 3: 4 Damage Shivas & Brute
Healing Channel positive energy 1
Cast Cure light wounds on Brute 8
(Shivas remains with 3 damage)

Hustle Hour 4: 8 Damage Shivas & Brute
Healing Channel positive energy 3
Shivas remains with 8 damage, Brute remains with 5 damage)

Hour 5 through hour 8. Regular pace. No damage taken

Shivas wearily looks for somewhere to camp for the night.
(My rolls really sucked that time!)
Spells for the day remain the same as the previous day.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 3rd Sep, 2013 - 6:29pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2013 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 16

Aliora responds with a hint of shock "Monastery of the Veil? I thought that all houses of worship would share some sort of contact or at least locations with each other. As you can tell I am pretty sheltered, I was there as far back as I can remember and this is my first time being on my own."

Laughing softly at his distraction she pointed to her third eye and began to explain "Oh this? It is a birthmark, a blessing of the gods. I am able to see the true intentions of someone by pure facial examination. This was a highly valued trait among my brothers. Should I be ashamed of it? It has brought me great pride through my life."
With that being said she followed brother Raymin, using her quarter staff as a walking stick to ease the wear on her tired legs.

5th Sep, 2013 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 16

Game Master says...

NKtoran

The girls giggle as you leave, and the harbormaster faces you with a sly grin and nods his understanding. The muddy streets are alive with activity, but not bustling. The harbormaster mounts and begins to lead you towards the city center for half an hour. There you find what can only be described as a small, defensive keep, yet blended in to remain part of the city.

"These are the offices of many of Restov's officials. My building is a lot closer to the shore but the Surveyor aught to be here." The guards stationed at the portcullis part as he leads you through. The courtyard houses a small garden with a single tree and few flower bushes. He dismounts and a servant takes the horse. Then he leads you inside through corridors of plain stonework. After many turns left, right, right, upstairs, left, right you only manage to keep orientation by looking out the slits to the courtyard.

"Knock, knock, old friend" The harbormaster says as he barges into a room. The door has a carved panel with 'Surveyor' carved into it. "I bought you a worker with great potential for the job you keep yammering on about." He turns to you and says quizzically, "I don't think we introduced ourselves. I'm Leonard Aldori, and the surveyor calls himself Mallius Vand, but I never believed that." They both chuckle at the joke.

Out of Character: I'm wondering why do you avoid direct dialogue in character? I think it would help immerse both me and you into the game if you tried.

Canabusis

There is no snow covering the fields anymore and a few workers till the fields as Shivas charges past on Brute, sapping both of you of strength, yet guided by your goddess as she eases both your pains.

Very soon in the day, you would guess midday, you come across the walled village of Vostok again. The militiaman guard lets you through, and Abadarnik actually notices you and offers lunch and a short respite. He offers to buy any supplies you need for you while you wait, with your coin of course, he is only offering the service. While you wait, his wife come to you and asks if you want to lead in prayer.

Out of Character: Buy any temporary supplies you want, then you have the four hours normal speed travel remaining. You can choose to stay in town and rest, OR, if you continue, Shivas knows that it's only forest out there, so please state how you wish to set up camp (Particularly if you bother with a watch).

Euphoria

"Oh, we keep contact with other temple devoted only to Abadar. Too much conflict can arise with temples of other deities. You are proud of it? That's good to hear. I have never seen such an obtrusive birthmark before, that's all. As I'm sure many other people in town haven't."

He leads you to an archway at the back of the temple, then stops and exclaims "A-Ha!" As he pulls a notice of the board next to the arch. "This is a list of jobs we keep for the poor looking for income. You said you wanted to explore, the Chief Surveyor will pay for people like you. Take it and make good use of it." He hands you a parchment which basically states:
"Brave and Strong Explorers Wanted
For mapping of the uncharted Greenbelt.
Large rewards.
Inquiries to Chief Surveyor
At Restov City Official Offices, Erastil Road."

"Right this way are the women's beds" He says, pointing to a door in the corridor. "Soup will be ready in an hour."

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.