ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 18 of 105

Tarak takes the parchment from the rider and - Page 18 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Sep, 2013 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 105 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
11th Sep, 2013 - 1:24am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 18

Game Master says...

Canabusis

Shivas rides up to the splintered wood. The first thing she notices is the smell of rotting meat and the dried blood staining the road that appears intermittently on the path. Upon closer inspection, the wood appears to be an unpainted carriage door, broken at the hinges and splattered with blood over the damaged carvings on one side.

Searching around, you find the source of the smell as well. In the grass to one side is a rotting wolf carcass, covered in maggots and with a finely crafted short sword poking out of its back.

The trail of blood extends down the road, away from the town, in intermittent patches.

Out of Character: I thought that clerics could convert any spell anytime, and checking the rules that is correct. The only limits are the spell's level and the number of spells you can cast per day.

Euphoria

"Oh, a new job offer?" The woman asks, looking over. "Oh, no. It's that one - the exploring one. Dangerous line of work that is. It's good of the priests to post up the notices. Problem is nobody wants a woman whose hands aren't good for weaving anymore. I'm glad for the help they've given me."

dracthul

Maerrun's mother is busy putting the last few items into his pack when he enters. "I prepared some supplies for you, Maerrun. We will miss you again. I'm glad your returned to stop by, but now you will be far away and busy." She hugs you and kisses your forehead. "Best of luck, Maerrun."

KNtoran

"Shame about your allegiance, but you're lucky that it isn't a prerequisite for the task. Kyonin's forests are certainly similar to the Narlmarches. If what you say is true, you may be the best candidate I have met for the job. I hope you don't mind if I test you, this is quite a large and expensive undertaking for the Swordlords. As you were walking up, the tree and flowers in the courtyard - what were they?"

Out of Character: This will take 3 knowledge (Nature) checks, one for the tree and two for the two kinds of bushes.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 11th Sep, 2013 - 1:25am

Sponsored Links:
11th Sep, 2013 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas cringing at the foul smell and the awful sight pulls the short sword from the wolfs corpse and inspects it and turns to inspect the carriage door, looking to see if she may recognize it or find any additional clues as to what may have happened to the owner. Shivas searches the area trying to piece together the events that took place. Following the blood trail to find its source, being ever vigilant she proceeds slowly watching for danger.

Out of Character:: Perception roll. 20+3=23
Thank you for enlightening me on spontaneous casting, I wouldn't have known I could do it more then once a day.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 11th Sep, 2013 - 2:31am

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2013 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Aliora grows an expression of surprise "Oh? Danger you say?" This slightly troubled her, besides training in the monastery she knew nothing of the dangers in the real world.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2013 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 18 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton will answer the question as best he can.

Out of Character: Tree check rolled a 11 +4 = 15. Flower1 Rolled a 17 +4 = 21, Flower 2 rolled a 8 +4 = 12.

14th Sep, 2013 - 3:38am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Canabusis

The short-sword is of excellent make, with a carved gold hilt depicting a bear paw. Add a 'masterwork sword, short' to your inventory The carriage door once had the carving of a shield or coat of arms, now slashed and bludgeoned beyond recognition. The marks are evidence of crude knives and clubs as well as teeth.

Following the road and its patches of blood, that is exactly what you find along the way. A crude, curved dagger in a small size, two small clubs and a few shards of broken wolf teeth as well as splintered wood, torn red velvet cloth and a horseshoe. Clearly these were dropped in distress during some kind of skirmish.

The blood trail seems to end about 700 feet from its start. At this point, the bushes have been cut to form a clear path, but it is not sized for a carriage or horses. It is sized for wolves or something slightly larger. The road is too well traveled to tell if the carriage continued onwards. The cut path has clearly been there a few days, so the footprints lack detail, but you manage to follow it to its end, about 200 feet into the forest. The sight that greets you is less grisly, you see the bones only of another wolf. Also nearby is a small-sized saddle.

Out of Character: It takes a heal check to analyze the bones, and a survival to pick up and follow a trail.

Euphoria

"Oh yes," The woman replies. "Apart from the usual boars, wolves, bandits and bears found across Brevoy, that area in particular holds legends of rare and powerful creatures. Across the Greenbelt, they say, live giant spiders, trolls, small dragons, evil fey, wisps, living plants and many more horrors. I don't wish the explorers going there luck. I only wish for them the strength of Gorum, eyes of Erastil, protection of Abadar and even then, Pharasma will have to take one or two to the Boneyard."

She pauses and looks you up and down. "Though a strong woman like you may be able to take care of herself, if you decide to go. At least that weird eye of yours won't attract as much attention out of the city."

KNtoran

You identify the sapling of a Southern Oak and a bush of Brevish Lavender, but the third flower is some kind of daisy, you're not sure which. Mallius looks impressed, "I see you know your natural lore! Much better than what I expect the other applicants to be. I'll probably get a bunch of lesser nobles all looking for coin and fame.

"On that topic, you asked about the pay? We can offer looting rights to all the ruins you come across. There's quite a few remnants after Taldor's attempt at colonizing the Stolen Lands a thousand years ago. Additionally, we are willing to pay the group of explorers who curb bandit activity 400 gold pieces. If they eradicate the source of the activity, well let's just say that it paves the way to settling the lands, with first preference of official positions going to the explorers. Is that enough incentive?" He smiles as he asks.

14th Sep, 2013 - 6:37am / Post ID: #

Shivas's curiosity is peaked, she inspects the bones and the small saddle after her inspection she heaves the saddle over brute (If in good enough condition) for him to carry thinking it may be of use to someone if not for herself in the future or may have some value. She tries to pick up the trail watching closely for any other signs in the surrounding area. Also trying to coax Brute into tracking as that is one of the tricks she has taught him for their hunting excursions. Moving slowly as so not to miss some sign of importance, Shivas continues to watch out for any signs of danger.

Out of Character:: Heal check 12+7=19

Perception check 19+3=22 (It was said in survival check reference that you could use a perception check to help in locating tracks with a survival check to follow them.)

Survival check 14 (Don't know that I have any modifier that would apply? I read the survival check reference and it has a table of modifiers but I do not know which would apply.)

Handle animal check 5

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 14th Sep, 2013 - 6:49am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2013 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 18

Theaton looks at Mallius and asks. "When you say say first at official standings what positions will be available. I take it we get to keep all coins and items we find in the bandits possession as well? If this is the case I am interested. Will you or the town take care of my stay at the inn while we wait for others to join?"

15th Sep, 2013 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 18

Tarak takes the parchment from the rider and reads over it thoroughly. When he was finished he nodded toward the rider and gave his answer.

"Tell your master that Tarak Galaviel will accept this charter and represent the Galaviel estate on these endeavors into the Stolen Lands."

"Very well." Stated the rider as she hopped back onto her horse.

As the rider galloped away, Tarak read the charter again and smiled at the prospect of thwarting bandits in the name of the Galaviel family. He quickly returned to the main house to inform his family and gather his equipment and supplies.

As Tarak entered the main house his father, Ranak, was sitting at the table enjoying a rather large cup of ale while his mother, Tania, was in the kitchen stirring a pot of stew. Tarak tossed the parchment to his father and told him of his intentions.

"The swordlords are requesting adventurers to explore the Greenbelt, and I have accepted this charter on behalf of the Galaviel family."

Ranak read the charter as Tania joined him at the table with three bowls of stew. Tarak sat down and started to eat as his father finished reading.

"Oh my son, I knew this day would come. You have grown restless these past few years, and now it is time for you to make your own way in this world. I will give you my blessing in your adventures. But, are you sure you want to pledge allegiance to the swordlords. Their actions have not always been honorable."

Tarak replied "I have accepted the charter, but I will not pledge allegiance to the swordlords. I do this to protect our family and our lands from the ever growing bandit threat. I will gather my equipment and supplies and leave immediately."

"Oh Tarak, please do be careful in your journeys." Begged Tania. "I just can't bear the thought of losing my oldest son"

"I will be careful mother." Tarak finished his stew and stood up "When Gareth and Sloane return from hunting, do not tell them where I have gone. My brothers are to young to follow my path, but are foolish enough to try and do so." With that, Tarak left the main house and began making his preperations.

It was mid-afternoon when Tarak climbed atop his favorite horse, Jax. He knew he had a good three hours of daylight left, and he planned on covering as much ground as possible before stopping for the night.

Ranak reached up and grasped his son's forearm as Tarak did the same. "Good luck son! If you need anything at all, just send word and we will provide it for you." Tarak nodded to his father, and turned and blew his mother a kiss. He kicked Jax and the pair raced off to start their journey.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.